PDA

View Full Version : How much does this nurgle list suck? 2K points

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
14-08-2008, 22:20
I have a death guard army so naturally, I want to do a daemon amy. Unfortunately, when it comes to fantasy, I sort of suck at list writing ( although my ogres seem to be a success) Anyways here's my list. Tell me if there are any huge holes or any thing missing that NEEDS to be there. Personally, I think this list is quite gud but I need other peoples opinion's, not my own.

Greater Daemon of nurgle 450
Level 4 Wizard 120
Trappings of nurgle 50
Slime trail 10 630

Herald of nurgle 115
Staff of nurgle 50 165

Herald of nurgle 115
Staff of nurgle 50 165

Epidemius 135 135 1095

19 Plauge bearers 228
Standard 12
Icon of eternal virulence 25
Musician 6
Plauge ridden 12 283 1378

18 Plauge bearers 216
Standard 12
Icon of eternal virulence 25
Musician 6
Plauge ridden 12 271 1649

20 plauge bearers 240
standard 12
Musician 6
Plauge ridden 12 270 1919

6 furies 72 1991

Okay, how this list works ( I think) is that my plauge bearers go forward, take loads of punishment and then make it into combat, where I either draw or lose the first few rounds of combat ( most of the time). My greater daemon blasts people with magic to help epidemius's tally, likewise with the heralds. I'm expecting bolt throwers and cannons to shoot at my greater daemon, so that's why it's got trappings of nurgle (4+ armour save, regeneration) as I get higher on the table, I should start winning combats ( 4+ poison) and my Greater daemons magic shud get increasingly effective. If I get chance, I wud probably charge my greater daemon in ( after all, he is S 8 on the first turn of combat) I just wouldn't put him any place stupid, well not on purpose anyway...
The furies wud flap about abit and kill a war machine, maybe even two. Any that escape my furies, should hopefully be dealt with by magic.:)
Don't know if this list wud work though, Maybe too many points on characters:(
Thanx for any comments. Also, wot wud be gud models for heralds of nurgle? Any suggestions wud be greatly appreciated.

Skulliz
15-08-2008, 01:02
It seems like you lack support for your blocks in this list and you donīt have more than 4 DD so you are weak to magic aswell. To change it a bit but still sticking to the ideas you have about playing it I would make it something like this instead:

Greater Daemon of nurgle 630
Level 4 Wizard
Trappings of nurgle
Slime trail

Herald of nurgle 240
Noxious Vapours
Soul Hunger
BSB
Lvl 1 wizard

Epidemius 135

20 Plauge bearers 295
Standard
Icon of eternal virulence
Musician
Plauge ridden

20 Plauge bearers 295
Standard
Icon of eternal virulence
Musician
Plauge ridden

10 plauge bearers 120

3 Nurglings 105

3 Nurglings 105

6 furies 72

total: 1997

This list isn't as offensive in the magic phase but has more magic defence and support for the two big units as the small unit can act as just flank support. The fact that it has a BSB helps a lot in surviviability as Nurglings and even the 10 Plague Bearers will be tough if they are within 12" of it and gets the re-roll.
Don't forget that Nuglings have a US of 3 wich makes them really hard skirmishers as they can get the +1 for flanking or +2 for rearing if only two bases are still alive. And as previously said if you plan on loosing CC (wich you in the most cases will with your support units) make sure they are within 12" of the BSB and prefarably the general too. Paying Nurgle Daemons means that you have to move your force together and not spread out over the battlefield.

Mr. Poosk
15-08-2008, 05:52
IMO The nurgle magic phase is good, but great, it also is compleatly based off you rolling the number six spell, meaning it is not strong enough and deffanitly not worth the points for a GUO. Regeneration on your blocks of PB is amazing, so i would run something more along the lines of this:

Epidemius 135

Herald
Lvl 1, Palaquin, Slime Trail 240

Herald

Herald

14 PB
c/m/s, Icon of eternal virulence 223 (put herald in the unit, ranked by 6 across)

14 PB
c/m/s, Icon of eternal virulence 223

14 PB
c/m/s, Icon of eternal virulence 223

5 Nurgling Bases 175

3 Beast of Nurgle 300

5 PD
5 DD

Pick all level one spell, walk tward you enemy, with a 5+ then 4+ the units are hard as hell to kill, keep casting lvl one spell on the heralds and enjoy watching units bounce off, send your nurglins up fast to get the 8 kills needed for the 4+ psn. and pretty much at that point its GG. Hope this helps. Oh and hide epidmus in a corrner and then if it looks like he might be in trouble, run him into a unit.

yoshimo
15-08-2008, 10:31
I like the bottom list best, blocks of 20 in daemon armies are so unnecessary

yoshimo
15-08-2008, 10:32
although the standard of seeping decay on PB units nets you more wounds on average before the 4+ poison kicks in

Mr. Poosk
15-08-2008, 14:58
Not true, with the unit of 5 Nurglings, getting the count to 8 will be easy, not worth it, the icon is just OP imo with the 4+ psn.