PDA

View Full Version : Blood Drinker Sword question

The Clairvoyant
15-08-2008, 11:14
This is probably obvious, but wanted clarification anyway.

The rules for this sword says that it "immediately" restores wounds to the character or the unit he is with.

If the unit is charged and loses 3 models, then the vamp hits back and kills two, resulting in 2 wounds restored to his unit, do those 3 wounds still count towards combat res, or is it just one as two wounds were restored from the sword? My guess is they still count the 3 wounds.

Also, if the vampires unit had charged but then didn't hit first because of ASF or some other such nonsense, and the same thing happened, would the restored models still count as charging (for purposes of lances etc.)? I'm guessing not, but worth checking anyway. I don't have my book with me and can't remember how invocation has been worded this edition

sulla
15-08-2008, 11:49
Since the wounds are not negated, but rather the models are ressurected, I would say the wounds still count for CR. Plus, you are already negating the CR after a fashion by causing wounds of your own... it would be a bit cheeky to claim the original wounds didn't count but yours did. In effect it would double the CR each wound by the sword caused.

As for the second question, this is clearly answered in the Invocation rules. They don't gain any charge bonuses in the following cc phase.

The Clairvoyant
15-08-2008, 12:07
ahh thank you. So i was right then

Like i said, i couldn't remember the wording this edition for invocation. They seem to rewrite it differently every time.
Also nice to have the split between summon skeletons, raise dead and summon undead horde again

Spirit
16-08-2008, 00:15
Some interesting points here though.

If you charge, the enemy attacks, kills 3 and the blood drinker ressurects 3, do the models still get to attack?

I would say no in the case of rank and file troops, because in the rules the second rank move up to fight.

but in the case of champions (i.e attacks are allocated on the champion and he dies) they are ressurected before rank and file troops, thus will go back in the front rank before their chance to strike, so will get to attack! No?

Lord Zarkov
16-08-2008, 00:25
It says they follow the rules for ION and under ION they get to strike

ScottyFargo
16-08-2008, 00:52
Some interesting points here though.

If you charge, the enemy attacks, kills 3 and the blood drinker ressurects 3, do the models still get to attack?

I would say no in the case of rank and file troops, because in the rules the second rank move up to fight.

but in the case of champions (i.e attacks are allocated on the champion and he dies) they are ressurected before rank and file troops, thus will go back in the front rank before their chance to strike, so will get to attack! No?

Yep, they get to strike but lose charging bonuses.