PDA

View Full Version : 1500pts Dark Elf Army

logan054
15-08-2008, 11:31
Well i have decied to start a dark elf army, heres a rough idea of what im plan (shall be buying most of it 2morro)

Any thoughts woudl be great :)

Sorceress
- level 2
-Darkstar cloak
Total 160pts

Sorceress
- level 2
-Sacrifical Dagger
Total 160pts

Master
- Cold One
- Heavy Armour
- Lance
- Shield
- Armour of Eternal Servitude
Total 141pts

Core

10 Reapter Crossbowmen
- Muscican
Total 105pts

10 Reapter Crossbowmen
- Muscican
Total 105pts

17 Black Ark Corsairs
- Fullcommand
-Sea Serpent standard
Total 220pts

5 Harpies
Total 55pts

Special

14 Black Guard
- Fullcommand
- Standard of Hag Gref
Total 252pts

5 Cold One Knights
- Fullcommand
- Standard of Slaughter
Total 215pts

5 Shades
- Additional Hand weapons
Total 85pts

Total: 1498pts

ukko
15-08-2008, 11:52
It looks pretty good mostly - not sure about some of the items though, especially the Ring on the sorceress? It'll render her fairly ineffective as a spellcaster - if you really want it in the list you could put it on the cold one champion, at least then you can keep it away from your own spellcasters.

If you drop the crystal midnight and swap caledor's bane for a lance you could get 5 harpies in there too, they're seriously useful - even if you only use them to distract anything heading towards your missile troops. A sea dragon cloak and regular shield might be better than the enchanted shield too? I also like putting shields on my rxb men but that's more of a preference thing - it means they can take a charge much better.

logan054
15-08-2008, 16:27
well i wasnt so sure on some of the items myself, i only picked up the book today :( ok i will make a few tweaks then :)

ukko
15-08-2008, 20:06
I think that's looking pretty good now I have to say, the only thing I'd worry about is high armour/toughness units - your cold ones and master are the only source of high strength attacks. That said you're not exactly short on quantity so that should be fine. Nice balance of shooting, magic, movement and hitting power I reckon - maybe when you move towards 2000 or 2250 or whatever you might think about a hydra, reapers, manticore, execs, etc to give you a dwarf/knight/chaos warrior/stank killer.

logan054
15-08-2008, 22:00
Well below is the basic idea for a 2k army however im not so sure on the black staff, could be ok i guess..

Supreme Sorceress
- level 4
- Black Staff
- Pendant of Khaleth
Total 350pts

Sorceress
- level 2
- Sacrifical Dagger
Total 160pts

Master
- Cold One
- Heavy Armour