PDA

View Full Version : Different Style VC

GreenSpeed
15-08-2008, 14:55
Most lists ive seen on here usually revolve around either skeletons or ghouls, i figured zombies might be worth a try, since undead core are really there to just hold things up for the heavy units to move in and finish them of. My list is based around the heavy hitting blocks with zombies in support.

Lord
-Dark acolyte, Master of black arts, flayed hauberk, crown of the damned

Vampire
-Dark acolyte, avatar of death

Vampire
-Master of the black arts

Konrad

20 zombies
20 zombies
20 zombies

Corpse cart

19 Grave Guard
-full command

19 Grave Guard
-full command

Giant

Varghul

GG with characters would deploy in the center, with zombie units on the flanks, the cart behind the units of GG. The giant and varghul would be flankers working either together hitting stuff in the flanks (giants negate ranks, complementing the varghul) or with the units of GG depending on the situation.

Zombies are really there to fill out the core, an also can be flankers/flank protectors

Konrad is the lords body guard in one unit, while the avatar of death protects the black arts vampire. If i dont want to accept a challenge i always have the the unit champion as well

Malorian
15-08-2008, 16:02
I... hate... Konrad...

Otherwise I'm sure it would be fine. The giant would be better off as another vargulf I'm sure, but giants are more fun ; )

Hvidponi
24-08-2008, 01:25
I like the set up, althou I would go for a more casting oriented lord (say the skull staff? building the zombies on 3+) and the helmet for ws 7 zombies :D
Change one of the Vampires to a killy guy and play with 1 varghulf and 5-7 cairn wraiths... I would use knights instead of grave guards since you already got the static from the zombies...
Main problem is CR cause the zombie fall in great numbers, especially to anything with 2 attacks...
And I see no reason for a corpse cart...

Sarael
24-08-2008, 19:50
If you expect your zombies to do anything even remotely resembling holding a unit up for an entire game, I STRONGLY urge you to consider the Helm of Command. WS2 vs WS7 is a HUGE difference. Keep the cart, as it will help when reinforcing the GG and zombies. Switching from GG to BKs isn't a bad idea, per se, except that w/o wolves your knights leave themselves open to flank charges.

Spirit
24-08-2008, 20:16
Konrad is pointless, all any opponent has to do is sit a flyer 11" away from his unit untill he gets frenzy.

The lord is frozen for a turn and konrad gets shot. Dont use him.