PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone made thier Carni into a Hive Tyrant?

HsojVvad
16-08-2008, 01:05
I was messing with my Carni kit, and for kicks put the torso upside down. You know what I noticed? It looked like a Hive Tyrant, well with a backwards back lol.

Instead of using the torso where it goes, leaning forward low, if you put where the head goes legs go, it stands up straight and almost looks like a Hive Tyrant.

Just wundering if anyone has done this. I will put it back as a Carni since it's my only kit, but maybe my next one I will have a standing Carni or a Hive Tyrant depends on how good I can model it.

What are your thoughts?

MaliGn
16-08-2008, 02:46
Yes, there are several Carnifex kit based Hive Tyrant models floating around the m,p&t section, ths is only the start of what you can do with that kit, I've seen Trygon conversions made from it too.

HsojVvad
16-08-2008, 02:51
Really? I will be heading over there now. What to I have to buy to get the stats for a Trygon or are they on the GW website?

olmsted
16-08-2008, 02:51
pics? need more letters so there you go

Chem-Dog
16-08-2008, 03:16
I toyed with the idea of a Nidzilla army featuring Tyrantfex, go for it, Tyranids are probably the easiest to justify this kind of thing, "It's an adaptation".

BLARGAG!!!
16-08-2008, 03:29
i actually just finished a comission that did exactly that. ill post pics a little later for yah.

*EDIT* Here you go!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd104/jtheinquisitor/Finished/102_0177.jpg

and with an Ogryn for scale (yeah, i no, hes HUGE :D)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd104/jtheinquisitor/Finished/102_0178.jpg

HsojVvad
16-08-2008, 03:31
i actually just finished a comission that did exactly that. ill post pics a little later for yah.

That would be greatly appreciated.

blackroyal
16-08-2008, 05:16
i actually just finished a comission that did exactly that.

LOL, "Sparkey 3.0"

chromedog
16-08-2008, 05:50
I think the Trygon is in Imperial Armour:Apocalypse (book being borrowed by a mate atm), otherwise, it's in the IA book that deal with the tyranid incursion. (IA4 from memory which I don't have.).

olmsted
16-08-2008, 07:14
big and scary but it looks awkward a little... i defiently see this creature in the air most of the time.

imperial_communist
16-08-2008, 09:40
well i imagine it would make a good hive tyrant though if you wanted wings it would be to bulky.
but speaking of hive tyrant conversions my bros hive tyrant is a red terror and old metal hive tyrant merged together with a ravenor tyrant guard.

Bregalad
16-08-2008, 11:47
First I don't think that turning the torso upside down is a good idea as it looks just out of place. There are other ways to raise the body.
Secondly: The rules are indeed in IA Apocalypse and IA4, but both are slightly different with the Apocalypse rules slightly better.
Anyway, here my Carnifex Flyrant:

RevenantX
16-08-2008, 16:41
Actually, the Carnifex kit is pretty versitile...I'm in the middle of making a Malanthrope out of one right now; I'll toss some pics up when it gets closer to being finished.

HsojVvad
16-08-2008, 19:58
First I don't think that turning the torso upside down is a good idea as it looks just out of place. There are other ways to raise the body.
Secondly: The rules are indeed in IA Apocalypse and IA4, but both are slightly different with the Apocalypse rules slightly better.
Anyway, here my Carnifex Flyrant:

What are the spec for it? I mean what can it do. I have been looking at my Tyranid codex and don't see what it uses from there.

WH40KAj
16-08-2008, 21:42
Actually, the Carnifex kit is pretty versitile...I'm in the middle of making a Malanthrope out of one right now; I'll toss some pics up when it gets closer to being finished.

I'd love to see this when your done! I may give it a go myself if it looks good

WH40KAj