PDA

View Full Version : Herald of Khorne Armour Save

RedShirt
16-08-2008, 13:56
I've been having a discussion with another player in my gaming group about whether or not a HoK on a Jugger with Armour of Khorne would get a 3+ save or still get the 0+ now that the FAQ is out.

I've been checking a couple other forums (including this one) and I've yet to find anyone else talking about it. I did ask over at the Daemon Legion and they are of the same opinion as myself (of course they play Daemons ;))

The discussion stems from the FAQ's comment saying where there are two bonuses of the same type ie: 5+ and 3+, the Daemon uses the better of the two instead of stacking them.

My point is (and I've always been told this is how it works for any army) that the bonus giving by armour is one type, the bonus giving by a shield & the bonus for being mounted are a different type. It was a matter of where the '+' is put. Basically since one is a 3+ bonus, the other is a +3 bonus they would stack. Also, in the rulebook it stats that a model mounted will always have an armour save 1 better than if it was on foot; a juggernaught rules stat they add +3 instead of the normal +1.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Atrahasis
16-08-2008, 14:00
0+ save (not a Daemon player).

The bonuses are of a different type.

Nurgling Chieftain
16-08-2008, 14:03
There's a previous thread asking the exact same question on the first page. :p

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157866

RedShirt
16-08-2008, 15:03
Missed that one (and didn't come up when I did a search either)

Thanks for the confirmation...that's 3 different forums that have all confirmed it.