PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of war on the tabletop

Master Stark
17-08-2008, 00:52
Last week I updated my computer for the first time since 2001, which means I've only just been able to really sink my teeth into Dawn of War (which, by the way, is totally cool) and I had an idea (probably five years out of date!) about a scenario for Tournaments.

You start with one third of your army on the board, and the rest in reserve.

There are five objectives on the board.

For each objective you control at the start of your turn, you can bring one unit on. You can roll once per unit until you successfully bring a unit on.

All rolls are a 3+

So at the start of turn three you control two objectives, so you can bring two units on. Then you lose an objective during that turn, and at the start of your fourth turn you only have one objective and can only bring one unit on.

Victory would be by way of Victory Points.

I reckon it would be pretty fun, and force some interesting game play.

Codsticker
17-08-2008, 03:54
There was a battle report in a White Dwarf a few years ago featuring the Blood Ravens chapter vs. Orks on terrain inspired by Dawn of War; unfortunately I don't recall the specifics of the scenario- it may have been a Take and Hold.

Ambu
17-08-2008, 05:50
Check the Dawn of War scenarios in 5th ed..... Almost the same esact thing you discussed.

DarkReaver
17-08-2008, 15:24
There was a battle report in a White Dwarf a few years ago featuring the Blood Ravens chapter vs. Orks on terrain inspired by Dawn of War; unfortunately I don't recall the specifics of the scenario- it may have been a Take and Hold.

I still have that one but I didn't think it was very good. Using units and equipment not even in the game made it seem very Un-Dawn of warish. But I guess they couldn't put a handicap on players saying "you can't take this it wasn't in the game". That would of been a little unfair I guess.

Gensuke626
17-08-2008, 20:16
It would have been odd since all Space Marine squads in Dawn of War are capable of being Devastator squads...and can bear an additional heavy weapon...