PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Host of Tepok/Quetzl. 2000pts

TheDrugLordX
05-11-2005, 10:12
Hey, so I've (once again) been thinking of a lizardmen army.

I wanna play a saurus-heavy army. But I dunno if I should go with the Sacred host of Tepok or Quetzl. If I go with Tepok I will have a decent defense against magic, but if I go with Quetzl I'll have very tough saurus who should be able to withstand most enemy offensive magic. Though, spells that effect movement/fighting (dominion, etc) then become very crucial to this army.

So, I'm going to post a list I've been thinking about and I would like you to say which of the Sacred Hosts would do best. As well as comment the army in general, of course ;) (I will not include pts costs as equipment and such will vary depending on which host etc...)

2000pts - Lizardmen

Saurus OldbBlood
Spawning of Sotek, Itzl, Tepok/Quetzl.
Blade of Revered Tzunki, Maiming Shield, light armour.
Mounted on Carnosaur.

Saurus Scar-Veteran
Spawning of Sotek, Tepok/Quetzl.
Charm of the Jaguar Warrior, great weapon, light armour.

Saurus Scar-Veteran
Spawning of Tepok, Quetzl (This guy will have both)
light armour, shield (I'm cocerning of having Piranha Blade/Bane head or Gleaming Pendant of Chotec as well)

20 Saurus Warriors
Spawning of Tepok/Quetzl
Full Command.

20 Saurus Warriors
Spawning of Tepok/Quetzl
Full Command.

10-12 Skink Skirmishers
Spawning of Tepok/Quetzl
Javelin and Shield.

3 Kroxigors

5-6 Saurus Cavalry
Standard, Huanchi's Blessed Totem

3 Terradons

This comes out at ~2000pts. Comments are greatly appreciated;)

Túrin Turambar
05-11-2005, 11:09
Seems like a nice and balanced list to me, heres what I'd do. I'would go for a sacred host of quetzl because not every list you play agaist requires you to have that many DD, so quetzl would be more efficient Imo.

And to compensate the few DD you have in a quetzl host I'd replace one Saurus hero with a Skink Shaman carrying the Diadem of Power to save 2 PD each of your turns to have 2 more DD each of your opponent's turns.
But this is just something extra I'd add.

Anyhow I'd go for a host of Quetzl for that seems far more useful to a tough Saurus army, Immune to Psychology protects to alot of harmful magic and Sauri have T4 and that helps too!
Hope this helps and I'm curious what others have to say on this.

TheDrugLordX
05-11-2005, 13:46
Thanks for the comments! Hope more of you are willing to help;)

Regarding your idea: I've thought about this, and simply concluded that I simply don't have room for a priest, atleast not that's worth dmping anything for.

First things first: The Priest would come around 100pts. Depending on what to give him. The Diadem of Power is nice. But what if I made him a scroll caddie? that seemed better to me. Or what about the Cube of Darkness + Spawning of the old ones? This would effectively shut down my opponents magic for a whole turn. Though, at a slightly higher cost.

Now, would I drop the Scar-Vet I would lose some fighting potential, which my blocks of Saurus need as I put much effort in them. Besides, with the Diadem, I only would have 2DD more, which isn't enough if I would face a magic heavy opponent. Would I not meet a magic heavy opponent, his magic will proably be too weak to do any crucial damage to my precius saurus.

If I don't drop the Scar-Vet. What would I drop? Terradons are vital for mage hunting, skinks are needed as screen (and yet, they are too cheap, only like 60-80pts). Saurus Cav and krox are my main support troops (and I do need em both!) So the only thing would be to drop the Carnosaur for a Cold One. But as the Carnosaur is one of the Reasons to why I want this list, He's staying (fluff reasons, and he's very cool!)

This army is extremely small, so I need full effectivness of my characters, and that's mainly in a offensive way.

Would I meet a non-magic-army. Like dwarfs, or armies without casters, the Tepok army would suck. Considering this, as I want a all-round army. I'll go for the Quetzl army.

Túrin Turambar
05-11-2005, 14:21
Besides, with the Diadem, I only would have 2DD more, which isn't enough if I would face a magic heavy opponent. Would I not meet a magic heavy opponent, his magic will proably be too weak to do any crucial damage to my precius saurus.

Well noted for how true this is!

And I'd go for the Quetzl host anyday when it comes to an army of which the majority is build up of Sauri.
I thought of the scroll caddy idea too but I don't like that idea, thats just a personal preferance though. The cube of darkness thing sounds good too, just think over the options you have to do something about offensive magic.