PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for TTT and RotK

Dr Death
05-11-2005, 13:41
Well with the fellowship of the ring suppliment barely two weeks old and with no rumour forum to call our own i thought i would start a thread on what people predict and want for the two towers and return of the king suppliments. Post anything you think should, would or could appear in the books, it might be useful to put which it is (prediction or want) next to any point so people dont think that the box of 5 plastic mordor trolls (for example) is a serious rumour.

Being the jammy git i am i'll start you off-

Predictions-

Ive was told at gamesday that further BGiME models are on a kinda lease whereby GW cant sell them separately untill a certain date so depending when those dates are we could well see Theodred, Ugluk and Hama coming out for TTT and others for rotk.

TTT suppliment will probably be somewhat more like the War of Saruman booklet they've already released, more of the "prelude" to the 3 hunters and Gandalfs coming and generally more Rohirrim centric than the film or original scenarios.

Rohan will probably get a glut of new heroes, Theodred and Hama ive already mentioned but i heard elsewhere Earkenbrand would probably make an appearence and Elfhelm probably wont go without recognition either.

Evil are pretty set for TTT, Isengard being one of the fuller lists, however to satisfy the adversary element we will probably get a far stronger showing from the Dunlendings, more weapon options, possibly even mounted.

Ents are very much on the agenda but are dependant strictly on casting technology.

As for return of the king, the good side will probably be reinforced with the feifdom troops we all thought would make an appearence in seige of gondor, it would also be cool if the army of the dead got a little love and would give GW a chance to redeem themselves by printing the rules in there.

On the evil side of things Corsairs are the obvious thing which are missing and could well be a focus of attention considering their raids on costal gondor are the reason minas tirith is so badly reinforced. Other evil doers may be the Morgul knights and black numenorians for the same reason as the feifdom troops.

Wants-

Another run of the Helms deep terrain peice?

Ents! If there is any way they could be made its got to be worth it.

Id quite like the shelobs lair scenario to make it into TTT as well, rather than being shoved in rotk, but i very much doubt it.

"unfit soldiers", the peasent malitia that are gathered up to fight at helms deep would make a nice little group of metal models.

Return of the king i want to be more scenario driven than the simply pants excuses for scenarios in the original rulebook, just because battles are big doesnt mean they're simple.

If Corsairs are to be done, i think it'd be very very nice indeed to have the models represent the crew cameos in that scene- Peter Jackson, Richard Taylor, Gino Acevedo, the director of photography bloke and that unit director.

Unlikely, but considering the release of the mumak not impossible- PLastic mordor seige tower, the ones they showed us in SoG were abysmal and yet a bit of an icon of the Seige.

A limited ed model of Aragorn at his coronation would also be very very cool.

Well there you go, theres my ideas, what are you hankering for as the story gets more intense?

Dr Death

The Judge
05-11-2005, 20:13
Eorl has already made an appearance on Sneak Peeks, so that's one Rohan character.

Predictions - rather than getting film specific books as the film supplements arrive (only getting Corsairs when ROTK comes out, for example), I think GW are taking a much more scattered approach - the Shadow in the East shows for that.
Rohan, I'd agree, and Isengard may get more troop expansion with Dunlendings, and perhaps the worker orcs that fight againts the Ents at the fall of Isengard.
Ents are doubtful in my opinion, but we can all hope - Good need a "troll" equivalent - or perhaps not. The latest Wood Elf miniatures are a good example of the work they can do with trees.

rkunisch
05-11-2005, 20:40
Eorl has already made an appearance on Sneak Peeks, so that's one Rohan character.
Wrong period of time. Eorl is a character of history and I think he will not be in one of the main supplements.

For the Two Tower supplement, don't forget Frodo & Sam. Their part of the journey may also count for some new evil minis. At least we have the gathering of the troops in Mordor. If they follow the book instead of the film we also have the beginning of the war (the Witch King's army marching from Minas Morgul). We may see some Minas Morgul orcs as well. They are described differently in the book and would be an option for some new minis.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Killshot
05-11-2005, 21:15
As far as TTT there is the picture of the Uruk-hai scout with a great weapon we saw a while ago. Since there isn't an option for the scouts to have great weapons we may see some new options.

I agree with Judge about the Dunlendings getting a few more models (hopefully a good chieftan model).

Maybe some Wood Elves in armor with spears?

I'd love to see another Helms Deep terrain peice or Edoras.

big squig
06-11-2005, 06:42
As for people wanting more scenarios to be in the TTT and RotK, I think thats pretty much given. They added a ton of new scenarios in FotR no matter how minor the encounter was...so they'll prolly do the same with tose books as well.

Baggers
06-11-2005, 11:17
Maybe some Wood Elves in armor with spears?

Not going to happen, becasue there not in the book. Stuff I expect to see in TTT model wise

Erkenbrand, new Dunlendings, new Rohirim troops (both on foot and mounted) new Uruk Hai models among other things

Killshot
06-11-2005, 14:34
Not going to happen, becasue there not in the book. Stuff I expect to see in TTT model wise

You mean the Wood Elves with spears are not in the TTT novel or the rule book?

Maybe we will get some Gondor Rangers with spears since they have the option but only carry bows.

macbeth
07-11-2005, 07:08
I don't really see why they could not do Ents. After all, they can two magnificent treemen for Warhammer, and what are Ents but Treemen?

For RotK, I really would like to see black Knights of Morgul. That would help the evil side to make great all-human armies, without needing the help of hard-hitting troops such as Mordor Uruk-Hai or Moranon orcs...

rkunisch
07-11-2005, 10:06
It is interesting that the Black Knights of Morgul are mentioned quite often. If I recall correctly they are neither in the movie nor in the main story in the book.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Binky
07-11-2005, 10:54
I could imagine plastic Morannon orcs making an appearance for ROTK, they form a significant part of the Mordor forces in the film but currently are very lacking in models.

Plaguebeast
07-11-2005, 22:10
Indeed, I've never heard of the Black Knights of Morgul before. Where are they mentioned in Tolkein's works?

Plaguebeast

Baggers
08-11-2005, 12:16
You mean the Wood Elves with spears are not in the TTT novel or the rule book?

If you read the The Two Towers novel, you will find that there were no Elves of any sort in there, apart from Legolas.

Indeed, I've never heard of the Black Knights of Morgul before. Where are they mentioned in Tolkein's works

The Morgul knights are mentioned as part of the host that leaves Minas Morgul and is seen by Frodo, Sam and Smeagol. Its in the Two Towers book. they are not in the film.

Plaguebeast
10-11-2005, 06:27
It's been a while since I last read LOTR - I can barely remember the finer points.

Plaguebeast

The Judge
11-11-2005, 12:19
Eorl may not be in TTT, but he's mentioned enough. And the model is there to see on Sneak Peeks.

Baggers
11-11-2005, 12:39
The Judge, Erol is a model that is coming out with Shadow in the East Supplement.

Killshot
11-11-2005, 16:32
If you read the The Two Towers novel, you will find that there were no Elves of any sort in there, apart from Legolas.

Yes, I know in the novel there weren't any elves at Helms Deep. Despite this fact, Peter Jackson added them into the movie. Hence we have armored elves. In the main rulebook one can arm their armored elves with spears so I was hoping/thinking that additional elf models (if there are going to be any) could be ones armed with spears.

But, we have heard rumors that a Mirkwood suppliment would/might be coming out and it seems that GW wants to release a plastic box with their suppliments so perhaps we will see the armored elves with spears then.

Garoth
11-11-2005, 17:54
But, we have heard rumors that a Mirkwood suppliment would/might be coming out and it seems that GW wants to release a plastic box with their suppliments so perhaps we will see the armored elves with spears then.

The plastic box of elves that comes out with Fall of the Necromancer contains most likely unarmoured elves.