PDA

View Full Version : Some Slaaneshi Suspicions

Lord Inquisitor
18-08-2008, 05:21
Bunch of Slaanesh-related questions:

Torment Blade. Is this one Leadership Test per wound or just one no matter how many wounds?

Enrapturing Gaze: How does this work against units? If a unit in base-to-base with a Herald with this gift has to take a Break test, are they allowed to use the General's Leadership? I read it to mean that the unit in contact with the Herald cannot use the general's Ld for the Break test, but not all of the unit's models are in base-to-base with the Herald.

Siren Standard: How does this interact with Fear tests? If a unit fails its Fear test and is outnumbered, does it change its reaction to Flee or is this overridden by the standard?

Nurgling Chieftain
18-08-2008, 05:37
Torment Blade: I think it's one test - you take it to strike, rather than when struck. What do you expect for 5 points?

Enrapturing Gaze: As long as there are models in the unit not in contact with a daemon with this gift, the unit can take tests on the general's leadership. This gift really doesn't "work" on units in general, it's much more effective at buffing up other Slaaneshi gifts like the Torment Blade.

Siren Standard: They cannot voluntarily flee. If they are forced to flee (for whatever reason - fear, terror, already broken) they will do so.

Lord Inquisitor
18-08-2008, 16:00
Enrapturning Gaze. I get what you're saying. It makes the gift pretty much worthless unless you're really determined to get Temptator working.

Siren Standard. Ah, but if you read the text for Fear tests, if you fail the Fear test the unit must change its charge reaction to Flee. The Siren Standard says that the unit charged must hold.

Nurgling Chieftain
18-08-2008, 17:40
Enrapturning Gaze. I get what you're saying. It makes the gift pretty much worthless unless you're really determined to get Temptator working.I prefer Allure of Slaanesh, but yeah, it seems to be a combo power. It's brutal if you also manage to get Phantasmagoria off...

Siren Standard. Ah, but if you read the text for Fear tests, if you fail the Fear test the unit must change its charge reaction to Flee. The Siren Standard says that the unit charged must hold.The Siren Standard says you cannot voluntarily flee, which implies to me that if you're forced to flee, you do so.

Lord Inquisitor
18-08-2008, 17:54
I can't imagine ever getting Phantasmagoria off.

Torment blade: the reason I was asking is that it is worded "a model that suffers an unsaved wound" not "a model wounded by", but you're probably right.

The Siren Standard does say that. Hmm.

Nurgling Chieftain
18-08-2008, 18:12
I can't imagine ever getting Phantasmagoria off.It pretty much involves either rolling two sixes, or your opponent running out of scrolls and rolling two ones to dispel it. :p

Torment blade: the reason I was asking is that it is worded "a model that suffers an unsaved wound" not "a model wounded by", but you're probably right.I do think the wording could be used to support either side of the argument. Right now there's a raging argument over whether the Torment Blade effectively grants +1 attack, since any model that can take it already has a hand weapon and it counts as a hand weapon. ...If that holds, it's the best option imaginable.

Lord Inquisitor
18-08-2008, 18:51
Agreed... which is precisely why I've been arguing that it doesn't provide +1 attack. Not that I'd complain too much if they did rule in their favour - it would simply be the case that all heralds and Keepers would come with the Torment Blade as standard!

MrBigMr
18-08-2008, 20:04
I'll have a question on the allure. Does every single model in base to base contact have to do the test, or all together?

Nurgling Chieftain
18-08-2008, 20:12
Each model. They might have different leadership values, or be attacking different models.

MrBigMr
18-08-2008, 20:21
While that is pretty much what I've thought and I do welcome the statement, but is there something to back it up to the amount that I can present to an opponent that wants more than my word on the matter.

Lord Inquisitor
18-08-2008, 20:29
Right, except they only have to test if attacking the daemon with Allure. It says "enemy models wishing to attack the Daemon" - plural - any enemy model wishing to attack the daemon, "if the test is failed, the affected model" - singular - each individual taking the test.

Nurgling Chieftain
18-08-2008, 21:23
While that is pretty much what I've thought and I do welcome the statement, but is there something to back it up to the amount that I can present to an opponent that wants more than my word on the matter.At the moment, I don't see any way to argue the other direction. I mean, models in B2B with the daemon aren't even necessarily in the same unit. How could you possibly group them all together arbitrarily? It would be like taking one save for 5 wounds, pass or fail.

MrBigMr
18-08-2008, 21:50
You use the best Ld. available? If people can claim that Torment Blade replaces the daemons own hand weapon, there is no telling what'll come up. But good to know. I'm trying to make my herald BSB as long living as possible. Despair banner with allure and torment blade should work fine. Ld. test at -2 to hit her, ld. test at -2 after she wounds you. Thought about the robes, but figures that unles I come across plenty of S5+, it's not really worth it.

Lord Inquisitor
18-08-2008, 21:57
Yeah, that's the exact same conclusion I came to. By the time you've paid best part of a hundred points for the herald, a hundred points for the banner, 50 for magic level even before looking at mounts or gifts, whew, you want that two wound T3 babe wearing nothing but a 5+ ward save to stay alive!

Nurgling Chieftain
18-08-2008, 22:15
You use the best Ld. available?You do use the best leadership available to the unit - as always, that's a blanket BRB rule which applies to leadership checks. That can't make it one check, as the best leadership available can change from unit to unit; quite a few units can potentially be in B2B with one daemon! And, it makes Enrapturing Gaze a natural complement, since that cancels such effects.