PDA

View Full Version : A very unconventional army of 1k

Sharke
18-08-2008, 23:00
So here's the army so far. I've been making tweaks and minor adjustments to it, so let me know what you think :)

Captain, Brace of Pistols, Talisman of Protection : 79 points
Paymaster, Brace of Pistols : 69 points
Wizard (lore varies), Level 2, 3x Dispel Scroll : 170 points

10 Duelltsts, Musician, Pistols : 100 points
10 Duelltsts, Musician, Pistols : 100 points

Long Drong's Slayer Pirates : 195 points
2 Leadbelchers : 110 points
1 Maneater, Great Weapon : 86 points

1 Cannon : 85 points

Total: 994 points

I've only played 2 games with this particular list so far, and won both.
Any suggestions are welcome!

Stinkfoot
19-08-2008, 02:29
Your wizard has too many dispel scrolls. Also, why don't your characters have any armor? Heavy armor and shield as cheap, and will keep RnF troops from cutting you down so easily.

Sharke
19-08-2008, 03:39
Actually, the Dogs of War rules do not specify any points limit on magic items for characters, so I can take as many scrolls as I can afford :)

Also, in earlier incarnations of this list I had Heavy Armor and Shields for my captain and Paymaster, but the enemy never really shot at them because they were always in the middle of a unit of duellists, so the extra armor was just points going to waste.

Thanks for the advice tho

Mannfred
19-08-2008, 10:34
haha ur army is like omg so so random...but yeah watch out for gunline armies since ur a little off with armour and u don't exactly have the numbers to like lose...try and squeeze ur maneater to have a brace of handguns to fit the all gunpowder army.

Sharke
19-08-2008, 18:42
Thanks for the advice. Shooting hasn't been much of a problem yet, but then again I've yet to go up against any gun-line armies with this particular list.

As for the Maneater, I may in fact change his great weapon for a brace of guns, just to see how it works out. So thanks!

Nor
30-08-2008, 23:17
Actually, the Dogs of War rules do not specify any points limit on magic items for characters, so I can take as many scrolls as I can afford :)

From the online rules: Dogs of War characters may only choose magic items from the common ones listed in the rulebook. Note that you cannot take
magic items from other army lists. Lords may have up to 100 points worth of magic items. Other characters may have up to 50 points worth of magic items.

long bow
31-08-2008, 06:04
if you ever make the army 1500 pts get some pikemen can atk in 4 ranks