PDA

View Full Version : 2k mixed deamons

Yves
18-08-2008, 22:56
I m trying to make a balanced list which allows me to play all races. I find it rather hard though to get magic defence etc.
Anyway here it goes:

Bloodthirster; armour of Khorne, Immortal fury; 490pnt

Herald of Nurgle; Palanquin, lvl 1 wiz, BSB standard of sundering, Noxious Vapors, Slime trail; 325pnt

Herald of Khorne; Jugger, armour of Khorne; 165pnt
------
13 Plaguebearers; champ, Standard of seeping decay; 205pnt (herald goes here)

12 Bloodletters; champion; 156pnt (herald goes here)

10 Horrors; 120pnt
------
5 flesh hounds; 175
5 seekers of slaanesh; 120
------
5 flamers; pyrocaster; 190

This leaves me with 54 points, i could add 5 furies if i drop something or a dispellscroll.. ?

4PD and 4DD with the -2

I 've spent a lot of time on painting the Bloodthirster, Herald of Nurgle, herald of khorne and Plaguebearers/ bloodletters so i d like to keep em in the army.

thisisntnotjt
18-08-2008, 23:24
Seems like a fairly typical daemon army, actually. This one will depend purely on your ability to judge the flow of battle.

yoshimo
19-08-2008, 14:09
if you haven't already got the seekers you may want to rethink them

Yves
19-08-2008, 14:56
I got them but they are from my old chaos army and rather poorly painted.
What would be a good addition if i leave em out?

Lord Khabal
19-08-2008, 15:04
I would drop the lvl1 for the nurgle hero and the 10 horrors and get a scroll

thisisntnotjt
19-08-2008, 15:05
I would try stripping the paint on those then. Those models are fantastic and somewhat rare now. Also, the unit is pretty decent.

I actually made mine out of the new cold ones, woodelf horse heads, and the metal daemonettes.

Yves
19-08-2008, 15:21
Yeah repainting is an option but got some work on the flamers first.

Anyway if i drop the lvl1 and the horrors i would have 2 less DD
arent I to vulnerable for magic than?
And the -2 banner is it still worth it when i do?

it free s up 145 points though, add 120 from the daemonettes and 53 that i still had... what would be a good addition ?

yoshimo
19-08-2008, 21:16
I got them but they are from my old chaos army and rather poorly painted.
What would be a good addition if i leave em out?
if you already have the models keep the list, add a standard bearer with the siren standard, they then become very useful

Yves
20-08-2008, 07:06
What about the antimagic?

yoshimo
20-08-2008, 08:42
I would view 4 dd + banner as being the minimum in this scale alhough i've never found horrors to perform very well, maybe get spellbreaker and big MAYBE change horrors for another block of letters

EDIT:

just a thought, you could swap thirster for a keeper for some better magic defence

ROCKY
20-08-2008, 10:41
I would view 4 dd + banner as being the minimum in this scale alhough i've never found horrors to perform very well, maybe get spellbreaker and big MAYBE change horrors for another block of letters

EDIT:

just a thought, you could swap thirster for a keeper for some better magic defence

horrors perform excellent my brother they saved my butt twice once against woodelves and once against empire. they can march and cast, they have 4+ ward save with a herald (vry hard to put down). and the banner of change makes u think twice of attacking them (3d6 S 3 flaming damage) and the bigger the unit the more powerful the spell. from flickering fire to the bolt of change. and gift of chaos is just awesome (ever been surrounded and enjoyed being surrounded?).

Yves
20-08-2008, 16:57
That's true but i just need them for an additional DD

Yves
24-08-2008, 22:54
Ok i played vs VC and as comments to my own list:

4DD+banner+spellbreaker worked ok as anti magic.
infanterycore+heralds are great.
the unit horrors is ok cus in the end it kept a unit of black knights busy for 1turn.
Seekers keep dissapointing me.
Bad luck on flamers shooting they get charged and they rocked in cc, so definatly gonna keep em.
flesh hounds preformed very well.

So gonna ditch the seekers and try to squeeze in an additional unit of flesh hounds.

Something like this:

Bloodthirster; immortal fury, armour of khorne, spellbreaker; 515
Herald of Nurgle; lvl1, palanquin, slime trail, noxious vapors, BSB sundering;325
Herald of Khorne; armour of Khorne, juggernaut; 165

13 plaguebearers; champ, banner of seeping decay; 205
10 bloodletters; champ; 132
10 horrors; 120

5 flesh hounds; 175
5 flesh hounds; 175

5 flamers; pyrocaster; 190

4PD, 4DD
2002pnts

AngelofSorrow
25-08-2008, 07:24
i have found after much testing and brooding that flamers really arent worth it.
Flesh hounds have always perfomed well for me i throw them at enemy units wantonly and watch as they melt away ranks so my Bloodletters can hit home more effectively.

the only thing that your army seems to lack is #'s From what ive seen a daemon army at under 3000pts has a choice to make an expensive BSB OR a greater daemon taking both is huge points sink im afraid your army will be crushed quite frequently.

ROCKY
25-08-2008, 09:27
i have found after much testing and brooding that flamers really arent worth it.
Flesh hounds have always perfomed well for me i throw them at enemy units wantonly and watch as they melt away ranks so my Bloodletters can hit home more effectively.

the only thing that your army seems to lack is #'s From what ive seen a daemon army at under 3000pts has a choice to make an expensive BSB OR a greater daemon taking both is huge points sink im afraid your army will be crushed quite frequently.

i beg to differ flamers are as good as your rolling ^_^. i landed 25 hits with five flamers one time and ravage a unit of skinks with a slamander in one turn. they easily make their points back and have the S5 of a fleshhound to boot (also 2 attacks) and T4. flamers rock.

Yves
26-08-2008, 21:28
ok taking comments in consideration altough i m keeping the flamers.

ditching the BT kinda gave me points to go heavier on magic.

Herald of Nurgle; Palanquin, lvl1 wiz, BSB sundering, Staff of nurgle; 340
Herald of Khorne; Jugger, armour of Khorne, firestorm blade; 190
Herald of Tzeetch; power vortex; 145
Blue scribes of Tzeetch; 81

14 plaguebearers; champ, Standard of seeping decay; 217
19 Horrors; champ, icon of sorcery; 267
12 Bloodletters; champ
5 Furies

5 Flesh hounds; 175
5 Flesh hounds; 175

5 flamers; Pyrocaster; 190

1996pnts, 8PD, 5DD+standard