PDA

View Full Version : Death Cults?

PlagueLord
24-04-2005, 02:48
Beyond the half page in Inquisitor, do the Imperial Death Cults have any other fluff? Does their cannibalism ever work (they become stronger, faster, whatever)?

sulla
24-04-2005, 03:53
Huh? does anyone's religion ever 'work'? That aside, it does give them s4, i5 and a ward save so I guess it must 'work'...

PlagueLord
24-04-2005, 05:18
I wasn't aware they had stats beyond Inquisitor. They must be in one of the Ordo Codeci, right?

I meant was there any fluff to back up their belief, a story of one of them actually physically improving through cannibalism. Or is it represented as yet another Imperial superstition? Their fluff in Inquisitor is very sparse, it mentions their cannibalistic tendencies, but says nothing about any results.

Morgan Keyes
24-04-2005, 05:30
Thus is the question, Does the ritual of their faith give them power? Or their faith in the ritual? In the world of WH40K though, this may be a relatively moot point. They follow a ritual and it works for them.

As for cannabilism, while this shows up in a number of death-cults, it also isn't an "across-the-board" practice. The Death-Cultists I imagine can also be used to represent those members of an Inquisitor's retinue that come from elite warrior cultures or 'brotherhoods', such as the swordswoman who served Eisenhorn (can't remember the name at the moment).

As far as Death Cultist fluff, I have only come across the elite armsmen (and women) of Eisenhorn's crew, and the cultists used by Inquisitor Ligeia in Grey Knights. Neither showed and inclination for cannabilism or were haemavores. At least besides fluff in Inquisitor.

Brother Othorio
24-04-2005, 17:42
not much but there was mention in the Renegades IA article about a Death Cult planning to depressurize several underwater cities on an ocean world thereby killing the inhabitants and sending their souls to the Emperor or somesuch (it was crushed by the Sons of Malice.. who promptly ate the Heretics.. and the Inquisitor who tried to kill them after they ate the Cultists..)

Incognito
24-04-2005, 21:24
Marines don't have a monopoly on expensive neural and bio-mechanical enhancements.