PDA

View Full Version : Question about Skitterleap

Stingray_tm
19-08-2008, 08:44
Okay, did i get this right? Is it possible to let a Vermin Lord cast Skitterleap on itself and then, after he jumped, cast additional spells?

What i have in mind is some kind of extreme terror action: Teleporting the Vermin Lord into the middle of an enemy formation (causing panic) and then casting Plague...

Would this work? And if it would work, do you think it's too cheesy?

havoc626
19-08-2008, 08:57
It should work, as the Skitterleap says "Himself or a man-sized creature". He is larger than a man, but it won't stop it because that doesnt stop the wizard casting it on himself.

I dont think so, because if the opponent has any brains, he will put a fair bit into dispeling the skitterleap before you jump. You really cant use too many PD, as Plague has a high CV. But thats my opinion.

Shamfrit
19-08-2008, 09:05
It's a perfectly legal move, but as Havoc has pointed out, you will need to ensure it's cast, not dispelled, and you've enough dice remaining to be able to cast Plague once you're behind enemy lines.

With 4 Dice, and 2 Army Dice, and Warp Tokens, (if they get them,) you should have enough.

Stingray_tm
19-08-2008, 09:11
Thanks.

My army also includes two Warlock Engineers (don't panic, i don't have a single Rattling, Warp Lightning Cannon or Jezzail in my list), so i should be able to get away with it. Also even if the Vermin Lord doesn't manage to cast Plague, it still might panic troops around him and if placed correctly will not be able to be charged.

Atrahasis
19-08-2008, 11:44
Note that any Warlocks upgraded to generate an extra dice add that extra dice to the pool, so a Vermin Lord accompanied by 2 upgraded Engineers has access to 8 dice.

T10
19-08-2008, 12:33
Would this work? And if it would work, do you think it's too cheesy?

Well, you can't skitterleap into combat and you will not be causing any terror tests until the start of the enemy's next turn. But yeah, go for it.

-T10