PDA

View Full Version : Reform

Ganda_Ninja
05-11-2005, 19:53
I'd like to know what people thing about the rule of reforming units, and how to really do it.
Let's take, for example, a unit of 15 swordsmen, with 3 ranks of 5 models. The model in the middle of the second rank would be the center. So I must reform around that model, right?
The way I see it is that he can turn on the spot, but he canot move, since I have to reform around him. My question is, must he still be the center of the unit at the end of the reform move? Or can I just reform around him (taking care not to move any model more than it can), forming a new center in the end?
For example, turning the unit and moving it a litte forward and to the side so that the center model is now in a corner in the last rank. (i recomend using some models or markers to visualize this). Thanks.

Festus
05-11-2005, 20:35
Hi

My question is, must he still be the center of the unit at the end of the reform move? Or can I just reform around him (taking care not to move any model more than it can), forming a new center in the end?

Yes and no, respectively, in that order:

The middle model will stay the middle model after the reform (or to be more precise: The middle of the unit stays at the same sopt, only the direction and form of the unit itself changes, not its relevan tposition on the tabletop).

Greetings
Festus

Major Defense
06-11-2005, 15:38
Something my group came across was that skirmishers wouldn't reform after rallying because they don't "form" at all. The exploit before this revelation was to reform them into a long line to gain a cheesy tactical advantage.

Festus
06-11-2005, 15:42
Hi

Even skirmishers are free to choose a new form on the turn they rally.

They can spread out a little, or clump together more, or change the main direction of their unit, or whatever...

there is no reason to deny this to them, as they are not able to react to anything else that turn.

Greetings
Festus