PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into the swing of things (A few GT lists)

Word Bearer
19-08-2008, 19:41
I've been playing Fantasy for a number of years now, but over the last 4-5 months of so, 40K has been taking most of my focus. I've still played a bit, but only the odd friendly game with my Goblin force and am really wanting to get back into WFB competatively (at least more competative than the Gobbos).
Anyway, I've been milling through my collection of army books and writing up lists. These are my favourites of the bunch.

Liche High Priest Cloak of Dunes, Hieratic Jar
-290pts
Liche Priest Dispell Scroll
-140pts
Tomb Prince Spear, Light Armour, Chariot, Chariot of Fire
-174pts
Tomb Prince Spear, Light Armour, Chariot, Death Mask of Kharnut
184pts

10 Skeleton Bowmen
-80pts
10 Skeleton Bowmen
-80pts
10 Skeleton Bowmen
-80pts
12 Skeleton Heavy Horsemen Full Command, Banner of the Undying Legion
-252pts

5 Light Chariots Full Command
-250pts
5 Light Chariots Full Command
-250pts

Screaming Skull Catapult Skulls of the Enemy
-110pts
Screaming Skull Catapult Skulls of the Enemy
-110pts

Total
-2000pts

Slann Mage Priest 4th Generation, Plaque of Protection, Diadem of Power, Plaque of Tepok
-465pts
Skink Priest Level 2, Cloak of Feathers
-130pts
Skink Priest Level 2
-100pts

10 Skinks Blowpipes
-60pts
10 Skinks Blowpipes
-60pts
10 Skinks Javelins, Shields
-60pts
10 Skinks Javelins, Shields
-60pts
10 Skinks Scouts, Blowpipes
-70pts

4 Kroxigors
-232pts
4 Kroxigors
-232pts
5 Terradons
-175pts
6 Chameleon Skinks
-90pts

2 Salamanders
-130pts
2 Salamanders
-130pts

Total
-1994pts

Vampire Lord Level 3, Flayed Hauberk, Crown of the Damned, Sceptre de Noirot, Avatar of Death, Lord of the Dead, Summon Ghouls
-370pts
Vampire Avatar of Death, Lord of the Dead, Summon Ghouls, Black Periapt
-165pts
Vampire Avatar of Death, Lord of the Dead, Summon Ghouls
-150pts
Vampire Dread Knight, Supernatural Horror
-150pts

15 Skeleton Warriors Full Command
140pts
15 Skeleton Warriorus Full Command
140pts
14 Ghouls
-112pts
10 Ghouls
-80pts
Corpse Cart Balefire
-100pts
Corpse Cart Unholy Loadstone
-100pts
Corpse Cart Unholy Loadstone
-100pts

15 Graveguard Full Command
-210pts
5 Black Knights Full Command, Barding
-180pts

Total - 1997pts

As you can see, I'm quite liking my magic, especially the relentlessness of the Undead magic.

Thought I'd post the lists up here in one post rather than multiposting for a bit of feedback. I'd like to take one of these to GT this year.

Cheers for any and all feedback guys!

Gokamok
19-08-2008, 20:11
I'm not qualified to comment on TK/Lizards, but I'll throw in a comment on your VC list:

First of all, I'm a big fan of the triple Corpse Carts concept, but you're going to need a LOT more magic to keep an army consisting almost solely of infantry going.

It's a waste having both Summon Ghouls and LotD on both lvl 1 vamps. You're paying 60 points to be flexible with 2 casting dice, which just isn't worth it. I would suggest giving one of them Dark Acolyte and LotD and Dark Acolyte and Summon Ghouls for the other. I would also remove Avatar of Death from the Lord and give him Master of the Black Arts instead. You need 2 PD way more than you need a great weapon on him.

You would likely benefit a lot from having a BSB, so I'd suggest upgrading any of the Vampires (Ideally the Dread Knight) to this role. -1 to crumble is your friend.

Last, since you're going with full command on your knights, you might as well give them a magic standard (or remove the command group if you want to save points). Banner of the Dead Legion is an alltime favorite for having US 20 on 5 kngihts.

Haven't quite figured out how many points will be spent on upgrades, but I guess you can just shave off a few ghouls/skellies:)

Kalec
19-08-2008, 20:22
TK: cut a prince for another priest, and try to fit in a staff of ravening. The more bound spells you have, the better. 5 chariots and a prince is too many, you will be unlikely to get your full impact hits. 3 or 4 chariots in a single unit with a prince is plenty. I highly recommend getting a unit of tomb guard to anchor your line and receive charges, with the added benefit of being easy to heal.

VC: swap supernatural horror for walking death on the dread knight. Winning combat is better then terror.

Word Bearer
19-08-2008, 20:24
Thanks for the comments Gokamok!

That is alot of points in upgrades there, my battle line could start rather depleted, but I can certainly see the benefits of the Master and Dark Acolyte, so shall play around and see if I can get them in there.

Word Bearer
19-08-2008, 20:30
Thank you as well Kalec.

My reasoning for the additional chariots was that they're quite likely to be a priority target for magic and shooting, so theres a couple for cannon fodder. They also have a unit strength of 19, so should hopefully be able to outnumber most enemy units, autobreaking them due to Fear. Chariots just can't stand up to a protracted combat so want to ensure the enemy flees when I charge. I would love to fit Tomb Guard in there so shall try a few different combos.