PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Competetive Orc list

Malorian
19-08-2008, 21:52
Oh this should be 1998 points, but my army book is 450km away so it might be a bit off (if so I can just drop some goblins).

Black orc warboss w/ Akk'rit Axe, the Kicing Boots, Best Boss 'At, boar (263)
Black orc bigboss BSB w/ spirit totem, boar (180)
Lvl 1 night goblin w/ staff of sneaky stealing (100)

25 boyz w/ shield, banner (162)
5 wolf riders w/ musician (66)
5 wolf riders w/ musician (66)
5 spider riders w/ musician (71)
38 night goblins w/ 3 fanatics, nets (224)

Orc chariot (80)
Orc chariot (80)
2 spear chukkas (70)
2 spear chukkas (70)

doom diver (80)

So I'll have 7 DD and they will be minus 1 PD, which isn't bad.

The idea is to have the night goblins in the center with a unit of boyz on each side, then the chariots on their sides, and then the other unit of boys on their sides. (I like being symmetrical) Then on the flanks I'll have the wolf riders, and then the spiders go were ever there is terrain in the way. The warmachines go on hills or gaps as the terrain allows. Heros go where needed.

One of the things I'm thinking of is reducing the night goblins in order to give spears/shortbows to the fast cav (the reason they are so big now is to have a good backup for the BSB and to make sure they don't panic).

Another idea I like is dropping the doom diver and a fanatic for two single trolls to help bait and control the charges, but that doom dover is just so good...

Thoughts?

Fobster
20-08-2008, 06:50
Do you need to pay for heavy armor for you heroes? Looks pretty solid otherwise and similar to what I use.

Malorian
25-08-2008, 21:30
Ok, I got my book back, made a few changes so that now the list is this:

Black orc warboss w/ Akk'rit Axe, the Kicking Boots, Best Boss 'At, heavy armor, shield, boar
Black orc bigboss BSB w/ spirit totem, heavy armor, boar
Lvl 1 night goblin w/ staff of sneaky stealing

25 boyz w/ shield, banner
5 wolf riders w/ bows, spears, musician
5 spider riders w/ musician
27 night goblins w/ 2 fanatics, nets

Orc chariot
Orc chariot
2 spear chukkas
2 spear chukkas

Doom diver
Troll

Total: 2000

One thing I've been told is that I have too many orc blocks since I don't have a combat character for each... not sure about this as I wanted to get as many orcs as I could...

Anyway, please give me your thoughts.

Magx
26-08-2008, 00:09
Never put a troll alone... he will not survive long enough

fubukii
26-08-2008, 00:24
singles trolls are used to redirect charges, they are very solid, id suggest dropping the doom diver for 2 pump wagons bci just like those lil buggers :)

overal though i like the list, maybe split the night gobs up into 2 units of 25, drop 2 orc boys, so you can have even units of 25,

Mozzamanx
26-08-2008, 00:37
Competitive? Orcs? Oh Malorian, you are ridiculous! ;)

Malorian
26-08-2008, 04:25
Competitive? Orcs? Oh Malorian, you are ridiculous! ;)

Just you wait for the latest waaagh to start...

blurred
26-08-2008, 11:09
Black orc warboss w/ Akk'rit Axe, the Kicking Boots, Best Boss 'At, heavy armor, shield, boar
Black orc bigboss BSB w/ spirit totem, heavy armor, boar
Lvl 1 night goblin w/ staff of sneaky stealing

Looks good. The warboss costs a bit too much for my liking, but he is the only thing in this army that hits hard so I'd keep him as he is.

A solid base for an army.

5 spider riders w/ musician

I have the exact same setup of fast cavalry in my regular OnG army. :) The only exception is that my wolf riders don't have short bows: IMO they are useless.

27 night goblins w/ 2 fanatics, nets

Its a sad fact: fanatics are pretty poor for their points cost. New armies like VC and Daemons have a lot of troops which can draw them out and the other troops just don't care (5+ daemonic saves etc.). Nets are good if you can get an orc unit to join the same fight. However, I'd take two bare night goblin units instead to hold table quarters and redirecting duty.

Orc chariot
Orc chariot
2 spear chukkas
2 spear chukkas

Nice. I prefer wolf chariots, but orc chariots are good too.

Doom diver
Troll

No complaints.

Yes, its a solid army. My only worry is that you have only one thing in this army that hits hard and that is your warboss. Ok, the chariots are heavy-hitters too but unreliable. My greenskin army has a single unit of six savage orc boar boyz with a musician: they are quite brutal on the charge and don't cost too much. I'd probably drop one of your orc units to get something similar.

Good luck with the army. :)

Malorian
26-08-2008, 13:22
I play against a lot of warmachines so boar boyz of any type would just be slaughtered.

So I'm going for a more static CR approach.

Thanks for the input Blurred.

Valaraukar
26-08-2008, 13:50
Black orc big boss on a chariot is a good reliable heavy hitter you might think about adding in somewhere to add some punch, only other suggestion would be to scrap the doom diver for something else IMO they just aren't as good as spear chukkas / pump wagons for the points

fubukii
26-08-2008, 16:14
try a savage orc big boss on a chariot, now thats a fun endeavor! COuld also give him the pigstikka? ( i forget the items name) +1 str and +1 atk per rank? No combo that with

4 str 5 atks from boars, 2 str 4 atks from crew, the boss gets 4 -7 str 5 attacks and then the d6+1 impact. Frenzied chariots are normally a bad idea, but idk it could be worth it if you can keep a unit of wolves in front of him until your ready for a big charge.

Malorian
26-08-2008, 16:53
try a savage orc big boss on a chariot, now thats a fun endeavor! COuld also give him the pigstikka? ( i forget the items name) +1 str and +1 atk per rank? No combo that with

4 str 5 atks from boars, 2 str 4 atks from crew, the boss gets 4 -7 str 5 attacks and then the d6+1 impact. Frenzied chariots are normally a bad idea, but idk it could be worth it if you can keep a unit of wolves in front of him until your ready for a big charge.

Sounds risky but would be a hard hitter for sure. What would I drop to take him though?

fubukii
26-08-2008, 17:01
wll the whole character including the mount will come to 199 pts i believe, so either A lose 199 pts.

or be drop 1 chariot, and lose 119 points? maybe drop the bows from the wolves, drop the doomdiver thats about 90 pts there, then drop a few orcs, (1-2 from each unit with a board character in it) which would free up 12-24 more points for a total of 114, maybe drop 2 night gobs :/ as well and then u could cram him in there.

Malorian
26-08-2008, 17:08
I face against a lot of knights though, and the doomdiver is a god send against them...

Maybe this is a better idea for the jump to 3000...

fubukii
26-08-2008, 17:35
yea i guess doomdivers are pretty solid vs knights, overal though i dont really like them that much :/