PDA

View Full Version : Tomb King List for Heat 3

Danger Rat
19-08-2008, 21:45
This is a first draft of the list im going to take to heat 3 have only played a few games with the tomb kings so would appreciate peoples thoughts on this list so i can get some play testing in. Thanks

Tomb King 307 pts
Chariot, Chariot of fire, flail, light armour, Icon of Rulership and the Golden Ankhra

Tomb Prince 177 pts
Chariot, enchanted shield, Sword of might and light armour

Liche Priest 173 pts
Dispel scroll x 2, Skeletal Steed

Hierophant 160 pts
Cloak of the Dunes and Hieratic Jar

4 Chariots 220 pts
Standard and The Mirage Standard

4 Chariots 180 pts
Standard

4 Chariots 180 pts
Standard

4 Chariots 180 pts
Standard

5 Light Horseman 70pts

5 Light Horseman 70pts

4 Carrion 96 pts

Tomb Scorpion 85 pts

Tomb Scorpion 85 pts

Total 1983 pts

Makarion
19-08-2008, 23:43
I would be tempted to give the King's unit the Banner of the Undying Legion, and another unit the Warbanner. You could drop 1 unit of Light Horsemen (or 1 carrion if you decide to pick just one extra banner).

Makaber
20-08-2008, 00:07
Personally I don't play with that many chariots, but I'll think you'll have problems getting around really. Chariot units tend to fan out to be really wide, and when you throw a few forests into the mix I think you might end up having the units get in the way of each other.

Four Carrion strike me as an odd number. Either run 3, which is all you need to be a threat to warmachines and exposed wizards and the like, or 5 which gets you US5 for all sorts of nifty tricks.

What's the Icon of Rulership doing on your King? If you're running him on his own he looks very frail, and if he's in a chariot unit I don't see why you need it.

Danger Rat
20-08-2008, 00:26
unfortunately only one chariot unit can have a magic banner might try the undying legion on the kings unit in a couple of games.