PDA

View Full Version : 2k List I'm Taking To Tourney.

KFPM
19-08-2008, 22:58
Right, going to a freindly inter-store tourney at WH world next monday, so here's the Daemon list i'm takking. Feel free to share your thoughts, and perhaps suggest and possible last min alterations or tactics I could use. ^^

Bloodthirster with Dark insanity, Armour and Immortal fury.

Herald of Khorne with armour.

Herald of nurgle BSB with the great icon of despair.

10 bloodletters (intended as flank block to accompany PB).

17 bloodletters with champ and banner.

19 Plaguebearers with command.

5 Furies.

5 Flesh hounds.

3 Bloodcrushers.

Basic plan is to have everything fast-moving and hitty accompany the nurgle unit, waiting 'till it's all in range and then commiting a bunch of charges at -2 ld for fear checks. BT will fly around and..."Troubleshoot" ^^. The big bloodletter unit will also act as an infantry lawnmower should anything else refuse to lie down and die. Problem i'm having is trying to fit 3 bases of nurglings in....which I would need to drop another 31 points for. I see them as a boon, as they can tie up shooters and march block from an early turn, but what do you think?

Comments are welcomed with hot fresh cookies,
KFPM.

yoshimo
20-08-2008, 08:31
swap your 3 overpriced, overated crushers for 5 vastly superior flesh hounds and free up 35 points

KFPM
20-08-2008, 10:18
I wouldn't say "vastly" superior. I find them quite useful for taking on enemy knights/heavy troops. More so then flesh hounds.

ROCKY
20-08-2008, 10:49
its pretty good i would however take the icon of sundering rather than despair. ( magic protection) and use the points freed up (25 points) to get two more letters and put them in the small unit (so they can be 2 ranks of 6). other than that great. and while people diss bloodcrushers they are good so if u like them keep em. mine always own and i would take 7S6 killing blows any day over S5 attacks

yoshimo
20-08-2008, 15:04
with high strength attacks killing blow doesn't add all that much to the bargain, they have the same toughness and wounds as hounds for double the cost, less magic resistance and anything your opponent aims at them is going to make that weak armor save count for zilch (assuming he has an IQ greater than his shoe size and has figured out that these models are essentially worth 35 VP's per wound caused)

KFPM
20-08-2008, 22:10
its pretty good i would however take the icon of sundering rather than despair. ( magic protection)

I see where your coming from, however the main reson I would take that banner would be to stop things like PoD, or Invocation spam. However, in their wisdom GW saw fit to errata this into dust :(. -2 Ld is fantastic I think, if you have an up close and personal army like mine.

ROCKY
20-08-2008, 22:53
I see where your coming from, however the main reson I would take that banner would be to stop things like PoD, or Invocation spam. However, in their wisdom GW saw fit to errata this into dust :(. -2 Ld is fantastic I think, if you have an up close and personal army like mine.

Well indeed your army will performquite well in CC . best wishes to ya and remember if you see that your army is doing well then capitalize on that and if you see some setbacks then adapt ^_^. adaptation is what makes a good general and its more important than just thinking what units to take ^^.

@ yoshimo: my friend i said this once, to each his/her preference you may see them infeior and overpriced etc etc etc while on the other hand in my experience my opponent DID shoot at them but guess what he was too busy focusing on them (took him 2 whole turns to kill em shooting + charge) and in turn he ignored my letters AND big ass horror unit which then commenced to violate him to he point where he worshipped slaanesh. just because you dislike a unit does not mean that others are incapapble of using them to their fullest. yay you shot and butcheered my 210 point unit (good lord its 35 points MORE than my flesh houns) too bad u did not focus much on my 1800 points worth of troopse molesting you in turn 2.

tanka
20-08-2008, 23:26
It looks pretty good hope I don't get drawed against it. Was going to take my GT vampires but there not ready so I'm taking brets. The Dudley lot aren't taking friendly lists.

Back on Topic:
What's the army going to do against brets/wood elves/vampires/deamons and dark elves. There the 5 mains I think that could trouble your army.

I think your relying on the bloodthirster far to much. 1 unit of fiends and 1 unit of crushers can be countered, however it could work well. Main thing I'd do is downgrade dark insanity to firestorm blade, and take at least 1 more unit of furies.

KFPM
21-08-2008, 08:06
Your going? Sweet, i'll keep an eye out. I'll most likely be wearing an Iron maiden t-shirt and a trenchcoat :D. Doesn't help that you know my list now though...

As for the armies you mentioned, well, brets I usually can deal with if I can hold them after the charges. WE and Vamps scare me a little but I guess i'll have to introduce "creative problem solving" I kinda look forward to some games like this, to really give me a run for my money if you get what I mean. Oddly enough I finished 5th last time...with old dark elves. :S

Opposed to the furies, I was going to try and fit in a unit of nurglings. Not as combat-useless, plus I think scouts should make an appearance wherever they can, and they fulfill much the same roles as harpies.