PDA

View Full Version : My Undefeated Daemons; 2,250pts...thus far

theDarkGeneral
20-08-2008, 10:38
Ok, as the titled stated, this is my current Daemons list. I've played about 50+ games thus far, and gained almost all massacres, no Draws and no Losses...I'd love to hear some comments/thoughts from this site...

1x Herald of Khorne: Juggernaut, Armor of Khorne, Firestorm Hellblade
1x Herald of Nurgle: BSB, Standard of Sundering, Noxious Vapours, Stream of Bile
1x Herald of Tzeentch: Lvl 2, Spell Breaker, Flames of Tzeentch

11x Chaos Furies
16x Bloodletters of Khorne: FC, Skull Totem
18x Horrors of Tzeentch: FC, Icon of Sorcery
21x Plaguebearers of Nurgle: FC, Standard of Seeping Decay

8x Flesh Hounds of Khorne

2x Beasts of Nurgle
6x Flamers of Tzeentch: Champion

DarkMark
20-08-2008, 10:47
Still no love for the dark prince in this list? You've taken the nurglings out if I remember correctly, how comes?

OT: if you pass through London when you're over for the GT PM me and we'll go out for a beer or two perhaps =)

blurred
20-08-2008, 10:57
Hmm. It doesn't look that hard to be honest. The plaguebearers, flesh hounds and flamers are scary, but otherwise the list is quite slow with no ranged attacks to speak of (only mediocre magic). You must be quite a tactician. :)

Have you played against fast, points-denial lists a lot? I think you'd find them quite a challenge.

What about dragons and other BFMs?

I'd love to face this with my Empire force. Should be an interesting battle. :)

fubukii
20-08-2008, 15:35
Hmm. It doesn't look that hard to be honest. The plaguebearers, flesh hounds and flamers are scary, but otherwise the list is quite slow with no ranged attacks to speak of (only mediocre magic). You must be quite a tactician. :)

Have you played against fast, points-denial lists a lot? I think you'd find them quite a challenge.

What about dragons and other BFMs?

I'd love to face this with my Empire force. Should be an interesting battle. :)

Most daemon armeis have no long range, he includes a unit of flamers, that on average puts out 21 str 4 shots a turn, and his magic isnt bad, 2 flickering flames a turn, and if something gets close he can use gift of chaos (if his unit doesnt get whiittled down by shooting)

i may split the furies into 2 units to hunt warmachines better

Malorian
20-08-2008, 15:47
If this list is undefeated that makes me very happy.

Every unit is different, and that's a beautiful thing to see.

theDarkGeneral
20-08-2008, 18:46
Much thanks for all the replys guys/gals! I always appreciate them!

DarkMark: :D Yeah, I still loathe Slaanesh...though I do miss playing with my old Fiends of Slaanesh! The Nurglings were constantly dying in each and every game...sometimes they'd do something spectacular, but usually they were more of a distraction. When I hit the UK (hopefully for Heat 2 or 3) I'll definitely hit you up! I do love beer!

blurred: Well, I do have 6 Flamers of Tzeentch and a Herald of Tzeentch w/Flames of Tzeentch...D6 S(4) shots per model is enough to force the issue with my foes! I actually brought this to the Hillbilly about a month ago, Massacred all 5 opponents, gained all the Objectives and maxed out Battle Points, taking Best General there. I play quite a bit, and point denial is sometimes frustrating, but I still tend to either gain a Solid Victory or the Massacre...list isn't quite that slow BTW. I'd always be up for a game against a chill player, and I love to hate the Empire!:skull:

fubukii: Very observant! But the single unit of 11 has proven much more useful then two seperate units could. Thanks for the input!

Malorian: Much thanks again! Yeah, I prefer to keep an army as versatile, and non-repeatative as possible...Daemons allows me to do this, but then most of my Armies (Beasts and Mortals) tend to be this way. I just love variety!

theunwantedbeing
20-08-2008, 19:08
That's a rather nice list.
Aside from the flesh hounds, the khornate part is certainly the weak element.

Not sure how you got so many wins though, your opponents must be mostly sub par or terribly unlucky (and if I'm placing you at fault, your cheating somehow).
Without the flesh hounds or furies the list would be very easy to defeat, so once those are down....I can't see you doing all that well.
I presume these unit's have never been properly taken down in your battles?

What size table are you playing on?
On a 4ft x 4ft board.....well you've got an advantage, on a proper 6ft x 4ft board, less so and your army should really be quite managable to deal with.

Some clues as to your general tactics and setup would be nice to hear.
(as well as some insight into your opponents)

fubukii
20-08-2008, 19:55
well the herald probably joins the flesh hounds to make one super hard and fast unit, beasts of nurgle are mv6 thats fast so are the flamers and both are pretty solid combat troops as well!

the plague bearers and horrors are a little slower then the rest of the army but ythe horrors dont have to get in cc and you cant avoid the plague bearers forever despite popular opinion (since hie fast units, furies, flamers, hounds, khorne herald) are gonna be harassing you turn 2 3 at the very latest.

One suggestion id add is throw the masque in the list, she is a excellent support hero, great at making things locked down movement wise, and can actually kill warmachines and missle units very effectively. a avergae unit will move 2 inches if march blocked by the masque, and -d3 mv. with a unimpressive charge of 4 inches :P. try out running those plague bearers now!

theDarkGeneral
20-08-2008, 20:51
:evilgrin: Guess I must be cheating?!?!?! LMAO!

theunwantedbeing: Glad you like the list. Actually, the Bloodletters are probably the usual game winners. Herald always goes there. Somehow the guys I beat at the Hillbilly weren't sub-par, nor at the last couple of RTTs...but either way, yes the Flesh Hounds and Furies die from game to game, depending upon my opponents tactics and focus. But usually by then, I'm already stuck deep in combat, and it's too late for them. And who plays on a 4'x4' table? Maybe Mordhiem games...generally the the 3 blocks of Infantry tie up the center, marching forth, while the Beasts guard one Flank while the Flamers shoot it up, and the Flesh Hounds & Furies coral the other Flank. But, it always depends from game to game, from scenarios, to opponents, to Army lists, Terrain, etc. how I deploy and play.

fubukii: I've seen a lot of players throw the Herald in the Flesh Hounds, but that takes greatly away from the Bloodletters useage, where as the Flesh Hounds don't need that kind of support. All eggs in one basket comes to mind. The Skull Totem allows for much more manuverability from the Bloodletters, allowing them to get into the proper angles for charges or to receive a charge. I do love many of the new models from the GW Line, but I refuse to use Special Characters in a Tournament, kind of like a crutch I think that players don't need.

DrDanimalSize
21-08-2008, 04:20
How do you set up the flesh hounds? 6 then 2? I do love the use of multiples of 7, 8, and 9!
And you like the furies in 11s, not 5 then 6? I use 2x5 myself, and usually one bites the dust while the other takes out all the good stuff.

I try to use my flesh hounds as 2 units of 5 or 6, and same for my flamers. I take plaguebearers in 14s though, long live sacred numbers!