PDA

View Full Version : Killing Ground

Jono-NI
20-08-2008, 11:54
Just a quick question. Did anyone else see that several characters are named after the members of System of s Down? E.g Daron, Serj,Shavo. Is this a coincidence or otherwise?

Adra
20-08-2008, 13:14
Oh god i do hope its just a coincidence.....

mick005usa
20-08-2008, 15:21
Yeah, an AWESOME coincidence!

Come on, Chop Suey is on my 40k soundtrack...'self-righteous suicide'...'i cry when angels deserve to die?' Clearly, they're actually talking about a marine squads last stand.

The Anarchist
20-08-2008, 17:40
lmao this really made me laugh, jsut got an image of some senior GW guys sitting down listening to SoD and then some one saying; "I jsut got a great idea"

Col. Tartleton
20-08-2008, 18:29
what kind of characters are they? marines? humans? mutants? IG?

Is there ethnicity based on Armenia? Cause that'd do it. Serj and Shavo are rare names as far as i know. Daron and John are pretty run of the mill, Daron not common, but its "normal."

Off topic:

Whos better In your opinion:

System of a Down
Serj Tankian Solo
Scars on Broadway
Achozen

I like Achozen and SOAD the best cause Daron and Serj sound empty without the harmony. Achozen has a former Wu Tang in it, that makes it worthy :D

Jono-NI
20-08-2008, 20:21
Umm i likw System and Serj never got round to listening to Scars on Broadway.

Who they are, from memory and also i'm not finished the book -
They're all normal humans

Daron- City's chief enforcer
Serj- Doctor type medic man
Shavo- Cardinal also very fat and sweaty :p

May be mixed up

PS A.D.D and Sugar very good songs :D SUGA!

DapperAnarchist
20-08-2008, 20:39
if their all from the same book, that makes it more likely. that one author may have decided to do that.

Jono-NI
20-08-2008, 21:32
Yeah it's all one book. Graham McNeil is the authur. Another reason to like him.:D