PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven Tactica anywhere?

Kaos
20-08-2008, 13:18
Hey folks. Painting up a dwarven army for my dad and being a greenskin player at heart i really dont feel comfortable with having so few models and units and no magic or cavalry... Thus i suck at dwarven tactics. Is there any grandmaster plans on a web-page somewhere i can dig up some good tactics for dwarves?

Or is there a thread here buried somewhere?

Cheers, Kaos

Chaos Mortal
20-08-2008, 14:52
www.bugmansbrewery.com is a great dwarf players resource.

Malorian
20-08-2008, 14:54
Becareful of the dwarf tactica on here. When I first started Dwarfs I read it all and then found that most of it was useless as it refered to the old army book.

If you do a search you will still find some good posts on rune combinations and so forth.

Also if you do a search on the web there are several sites with tactics.

Kaos
20-08-2008, 18:11
Ah thanks a bunch! :)

Dungeon_Lawyer
22-08-2008, 11:01
Well for starters---Entrench your war machines! Iron breakers are the best troop choice available to dwarfs, take them no matter what, make sure your general has the rune that protects against Killing Blow.

I like to play what I call a "Point defense" with Dwarfs: I scout rangers armed to the teeth and put a very powerful lord/hero with them, usually somewhere in the center of the board. This "point" becomes the epicenter of the battle (at least in theory) The point defense is designed to keep my enemy from marching beyond that point of the board-while I am moving my dwarven forces as quick as thier stunry little legs will carry them to help reinfoce "the point"-All the while my warmachines regin rune encrusted death and thunderers buck with their milli-9's. Its a simplistic battleplan , but heck at least it is a plan and it works pretty good. I have scored manay fine victories with this plan.

As far as magic is concerned I feel it is the dwarfs achilles heel-Having no magic is tough with tzeench, high elves, and lizardman armies out thier that just own the magic phase. Basically dwarves are forced on the defense far an entire phase of the game-I hate that. Maybe a mercenary dogs of war wizard? I have not tried that tactic (dont have the book in front of me so I do not even know if it is legal, but I might just try it if it is)

Malorian
22-08-2008, 13:31
As far as magic is concerned I feel it is the dwarfs achilles heel-Having no magic is tough with tzeench, high elves, and lizardman armies out thier that just own the magic phase. Basically dwarves are forced on the defense far an entire phase of the game-I hate that. Maybe a mercenary dogs of war wizard? I have not tried that tactic (dont have the book in front of me so I do not even know if it is legal, but I might just try it if it is)

Bad plan. One wizard is going to do nothing for you.

Just be happy that you get 4 DD rather than 2. I take a runelord with anvil so I have 7 DD which I find is fine. Dwarfs are fairly tough and you can let a few of the magic missiles go through without having to worry too much (unless it's targetting a warmachine).