PDA

View Full Version : Tactics for Khorne Generals

vinny t
20-08-2008, 22:20
I have recently uncovered some very useful tactics and wish to share them with all those Khorne Generals out there. I hope these work for you. (Maybe I've been playing bad players?)

1. The 12-man Bloodletter unit
You need: 2-3 12-man letter units, 1-2 flesh hound units, (optional) a Bloodthirster

This is how this works, If you you send a flesh hound unit (or two) or a Bloodthirster FAR around the the table edge so it can have a rear charge the unit you will be trying to charge will often just turn around. But if you throw a letter unit into their front they will be stuck in place for a turn, not being able to turn. This tactic works extreamly well as not many units will be able to kill a unit of bloodletters in one turn. I faced down a unit of hammerers with a lord doing this. You don't have to charge with the unit if you don't want to, just keep it in a position where it can be threten the enemy.

2. The Hearld & Thirster (a very basic tactic)
You need: a Hearld of Khorne on Juggernaut (preferably a BSB) and a Bloodthirster.

It goes like so..
The Hearld advances up in a juggernaut in charge range of a unit but angled as if it won't charge the unit. The Bloodthirster does the same. You then combo charge a unit in the front and gring their toughest unit into paste.

Please post some stratagies of your own!

Icarus
22-08-2008, 03:46
Interesting stuff there.

I've only played a couple of games with my new Khorne Daemons and haven't come up with much other than charging across the table and trying to take out the right part of your oponents battleline. All I can say is that fast units - Bloodcrushers, Flesh Hounds, Furies - are essential for dealing with high threat targets quickly. Not having any magic, shooting or skirmishers is quite handicap! Also Skull Totems are invaluable on Bloodletters.

On the subject of Bloodletters, I've found units of 12-14 working reasonably well, although they do risk going poof too easily against units with good CR. How do most people use theirs?