PDA

View Full Version : Kislev in 7th edition

PARTYCHICORITA
21-08-2008, 03:27
I have a few rather quick questions:

1) Can I still take them as a allied force?

2) As an army? If "yes" can it take empire troops?

3) How does "Glorious charge" work in this edition?

4) Where can i find this updates in the rules if they exist?

Condottiere
21-08-2008, 07:53
1) Can I still take them as a allied force?

Yes.

2) As an army? If "yes" can it take empire troops?

Yes. You have to take them as an allied contingent. IIRC WD published some suggestions on this issue recently. Or employ mercenaries.

3) How does "Glorious charge" work in this edition?

Not sure. Fear test?

4) Where can i find this updates in the rules if they exist? I don't think they do, since I haven't found any yet.

Tizz
21-08-2008, 10:42
Try here

http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/kislev/default.htm

Condottiere
21-08-2008, 11:43
Nothing new there.

PARTYCHICORITA
21-08-2008, 20:39
Not sure. Fear test?

I am under the same impression but don't know where to find the official info.

PARTYCHICORITA
24-08-2008, 04:03
bump? i would like to know the current status of kislev in 7th edition.

Griefbringer
24-08-2008, 12:56
1) Yes. There has been nothing in the 7th edition rules that would invalidate the allied contingent rules.

2) Debatable. Problem is that there is no entry in the Kislev list or 7th edition rulebook (at least BfSP version) specifying the character/core/special/rare allowances, so you would need to consult the 6th edition rulebook for that. So talk to your opponent.

As for mixing with Empire, there are no official rules for use of Empire as allied contingents in other forces, so answer would be no. You could go the other way around though: Empire army with Kislev allies.

What Condottieri is thinking of might be the Legendary Battles article in WD, that was about mega-battles and multi-player alliances in those.

As for use of mercenaries, the DoW rules do not mention Kislev amongst the list of forces that can hire DoW. Consider talking to your opponent about this (since otherwise there is little choice on the usage of those rare slots).

3) Depending on the interpretation, it either causes or does not cause panic. It definitely does not cause fear.

4) I am not aware of any update.

madlarks
24-08-2008, 13:05
I believe that they still cause a panic check, the charging the flank thing is merely an exampe when read properly. (though properly is always an issue)

PARTYCHICORITA
27-08-2008, 05:36
I believe that they still cause a panic check, the charging the flank thing is merely an exampe when read properly. (though properly is always an issue)

Is there anything official on this?

Condottiere
27-08-2008, 08:53
2) Debatable. Problem is that there is no entry in the Kislev list or 7th edition rulebook (at least BfSP version) specifying the character/core/special/rare allowances, so you would need to consult the 6th edition rulebook for that. So talk to your opponent.

I think it would be safe to say the default allowances apply (they aren't HE, after all).

As for mixing with Empire, there are no official rules for use of Empire as allied contingents in other forces, so answer would be no. You could go the other way around though: Empire army with Kislev allies.

That's probably the easiest way to play them.

What Condottieri is thinking of might be the Legendary Battles article in WD, that was about mega-battles and multi-player alliances in those.

Probably - I no longer buy WD (quality of most articles are highly questionable, some battle reports seem to indicate five year olds have a better understanding of the forces involved and tactics required, and if I wanted that amount of advertising, I'd disable my firewall and anti-virus software), and usually just glance through a friend's.

As for use of mercenaries, the DoW rules do not mention Kislev amongst the list of forces that can hire DoW. Consider talking to your opponent about this (since otherwise there is little choice on the usage of those rare slots).

Unfortunately true, though in some cases by studying the slots required for the recruitment by other factions, you could infer which ones would be used up by a Kislev list.

3) Depending on the interpretation, it either causes or does not cause panic. It definitely does not cause fear.

Personally, I think this rule is obsolete - if it actually causes panic, the cost would have to be increased.