PDA

View Full Version : 3 Brothers, 2000pts Daemons

blackjack
21-08-2008, 15:49
Let me know what you think of this list.

3 Brothers List

Dingle
Herald of Khorne
Armor of Khorne
Juggernaught of Khorne
BSB
Standard of Sundering

Dangle
Herald of Khorne
Armor of Khorne
Juggernaught of Khorne
Firestorm Blade

Dot
Herald of Khorne
Armor of Khorne
Juggernaught of Khorne
Firestorm Blade

5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds

6 Flamers ot Tz
6 Flamers ot Tz

6 Furies

10 Horrors
10 Horrors
10 Horrors

Total 1997

Flesh hounds provide 'look out sir' for the heralds, heralds provide LD and killy for the hounds. Furies machine hunt, Flamers kill fast cav and sqirmishers.

Sundering may be nerfed but I think it's worth it's points espechially with such a low anti magic as this list has.

tanka
21-08-2008, 15:57
I'd drop a flamer from each unit and take another unit of furies. Other than that it looks good. Magic will hurt but not too much with all the magic resistance it's really just the flamers, furies and horrors that are the main targets of magic.

blackjack
21-08-2008, 16:49
If you think anti magic is ok what would you think of taking in a banner of chaos victory over a banner of sundering?

Malorian
21-08-2008, 17:00
I'd keep the banner of sundering.

The main thing that is missing from this list is something to take away the flanks.

Basically you have three units moving forward backed up by magic and shooting. As furies and flamers can't take away ranks you might have trouble against large infantry blocks.

blackjack
21-08-2008, 18:06
Malorian you are right.

Depending on the enemy I might very well run the 3 brothers independant, charge all 3 at a single block and use a squad of dogs for flanking. The brothers only really need to run with dogs when there are warmachines on the board.

That Said what do you think of this list then?

Dingle
Herald of Khorne
Armor of Khorne
Juggernaught of Khorne
BSB
Standard of Sundering

Dangle
Herald of Khorne
Armor of Khorne
Juggernaught of Khorne

Dot
Herald of Khorne
Armor of Khorne
Juggernaught of Khorne
Firestorm Blade

5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds

2 Fiends of Slaneesh
2 Fiends of Slaneesh

5 Furies
5 Furies

10 Horrors
10 Horrors
10 Horrors

total 1995

An extra pack of dogs, Fiends for Flanking and an extra flock of furies, minus the shooting and a firestorm blade.

Malorian
21-08-2008, 19:15
How about going to one unit of fiends of slaneech and one unit of flamers? Then you could take care of annoying units and have a great flanker unit.

Also I'd bunp up the fiend of slaneesh unit to 3 to allow more wounds before you can't take away ranks anymore.

What do you plan to use the furies for? Just warmachine hunting? being that they can not flee (and their horrible leadership) I'm really not a fan of them.

If you dropped the furries and a fiend (moving the remaining on to the other unit to get a unit of three fiends) you could then get 5 flamers.