PDA

View Full Version : Limited Blisters in GW now

22-08-2008, 04:28
has anyone noticed how recently GW stores only carries what sells. The variety of blisters has dropped off dramatically and if it ain't there you have to order it. IE special weapons blisters or what not. For IG say steel legion stuff. Are they doing this to reduce inventory or something. I think it sucks now.

Radium
22-08-2008, 06:33
That sounds like it could be GW policy, and it sort of makes sense (have you ever been to the basement where they keep all their supply?), but it really stinks from a hobby perspective.

Delmont
22-08-2008, 07:10
yea, those stores only have so much shelf space and every blister that only sells once every few months takes up the space of something that sells once a week or even more often. It does suck that the variety isn't there like it used to be but it isn't so bad having to wait a week for the few limited blisters you'd buy once a year anyway.

Chaos and Evil
22-08-2008, 07:42
The blister withdrawal happened 6 months ago now.

Commissar Holt
22-08-2008, 07:58
It makes sense from a business perspective but from a hobby perspective it can be a complete pain. But then, you can always order thing instore and delivery is usually free if I remember rightly. Failing that, ebay is usually a great supplier :-)

Count Zero
22-08-2008, 08:58
the problem is the minature range has expanded so far they they just dont have the space nowadays to stock everything, can be a bit annyoing, but i accept that thats is just how it is at the moment.

Mojaco
22-08-2008, 09:26
Makes sense. Some models are very old, very niche and almost everyone who needed one has already got it. Steel legion, 13th company, special weapons... it makes sense imo. Not too worried about it, as long as better plastics replace them.

gonzosbignose
22-08-2008, 09:52
The re merchandising of the stores has happened country wide over the last year or so in the UK.

Stores in the midlands began the scheme, and following it 'success' (IE i didnt fail badly) has been carried out throughout the country.

Essentially, by keeping stock items which didnt have a massive turn over rate in store, limited the ranges that could be carried, especially items which sell mroe frequently.

Delmont below makes the valid point though, that all items not stocked in store, can now be ordered and sent directly to your home or store.

Fundamentally, with the firm not doing as well as it was, and the price of everything going up, cut backs needed to be made.

Its not like the figures you want are not available.... they simply need to be ordered, and in a hobby such as ours, i think waiting a week for an item isnt make or break really is it?

Regards

My name is Daniel and i am a wargamer