PDA

View Full Version : First attempt: 1500 points of Dark Elves

Firebreather
22-08-2008, 08:09
Hi there everyone. As the title says, this is my first go at starting a Dark Elf army, and I wanted to get some opinions before I start making purchases. This army is more or less meant to represent the forces of a Dreadlord that raid and pillage far and wide in the name of the Witch King. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Master-
Cold One
Shield
Sword of Might
Armour of Eternal Servitude

Sorceress-
Level 2
Darkstar Cloak
Dispel Scroll

Sorceress-
Level 2
Sacrificial Dagger
Dispel Scroll

20 Dark Elf Warriors-
full command

20 Black Ark Corsairs-
full command

15 Black Guard of Naggaroth-
full command
Standard of Hag Graef

5 Cold One Knights-
full command

War Hydra

TOTAL-1497pts.

Uriain
22-08-2008, 15:02
Ok, this is just my opinion. But if you have no shooting in an Infantry heavy army, then you are playing Chaos. Unfortunately, Elves are not chaos.

You need to get some type of shooting in that list. Not only will it help you across the board, but it will give you a better theme of your "raiding" list. I would suggest dropping the Black Guard inplace of 2 throwers. With magic of 2 lvl 2's and 2 Bolt Throwers, there are going to be very few armies who will make is across the board at equal strenght to you.

If you are hellbent on the Blackguard (and I like them alot, so dont think I am dissing them) then I would Drop one unit of corsairs and the Standard/Musician from the CoK for 2 units of RxB (10 strong) with sheilds.

I cannot stress enough that shooting will be your biggest friend when you are backed up by the magic of your two lvl two's