PDA

View Full Version : First go at mortals of chaos 1000 points. (from white dwarf list)

Mullitron
22-08-2008, 12:16
aspiring champion
sword of might
additional hand weapon
armour of damnation
mok

sorcorer of chaos
level 2
1 dispel magic scroll

11 warriors
full command
additional hand weapon
Mark of khorne

12 warriors
full command
additional hand weapon
Mark of khorne

5 Hounds of chaos 30

5 chaos knights
full command 190

chariot of chaos 100

Had a single unit of warriors i painted up a while ago but got distracted and focused on my necrons and never got any further than that. Anyway with the up coming rules book and some interesting models thought i would start with a 1k army and when the books soon to be released i could expand it to 2k. I had a quick gander at the white dwarf list and put this together, any suggestions tips? If its rubbish please just be blunt and tell me so.

DrDanimalSize
22-08-2008, 23:10
You probably don't need full command on the knights, and with the points saved you could either give 'em MoK or put your heroes on horses. You may also want to make one of those units of warriors into marauders instead to get a little more rank bonus. Not too bad though, looks like a decent start.

Dexter099
23-08-2008, 07:12
Exalted Champion:
Mark of Khorne.
Axe of Khorne.
Enchanted shield.

Personally I am not a Khorne fan at all. There are more useful Marks that may not be so blantantly obvious in their strengths, but will turn defeats into massacres for you, such as the MoN.

Ok. If you're going to buy a champion, might as well make his exalted unless he's your BsB, for the extra points of T, WS, I, and A.

You already have a hand weapon so you are wasting points buying a second one. I would go with Axe of Khorne and Enchanted shield instead, and you can switch out protection with offense whenever you want. The Axe of Khorne is really good.

sorcorer of chaos
level 2
1 dispel magic scroll

This sorceror seems fine.

10 warriors
full command
additional hand weapon
Mark of khorne
195 points

Ok, this seems fine I guess, but you will have no shooting protection. At these point levels it's fine I guess. Drop a Warrior to give you Chaos Knights the protective MoT.

12 warriors
full command
additional hand weapon
Mark of khorne

This unit seems fine as well.

No real point in the hounds at this low level. Swap them out for an extra chaos knight.

6 chaos knights
full command, MoT. 233 points

If you want to win combats with your heavily outnumbered knights, oyu will need to field units of 7 or 8 to absorb casualties, get more attacks, and outnumber your opponent. 8 Regular Knights of Chaos are better than 5 Chosen. Full command is incredibly valuable. The Champion for the extra valuable WS5 S5 attack, the banner for the neessary combat res. and the musician so that you don't lose tied combats and have to test on your average leadership for your valuable unit of knights.

chariot of chaos 100

Good stuff. Make sure you charge at something only in support of your warriors.

Had a single unit of warriors i painted up a while ago but got distracted and focused on my necrons and never got any further than that. Anyway with the up coming rules book and some interesting models thought i would start with a 1k army and when the books soon to be released i could expand it to 2k. I had a quick gander at the white dwarf list and put this together, any suggestions tips? If its rubbish please just be blunt and tell me so.

Overall not a bad list, though I would not play a pure Khorne force just because of its unpredictability. But that's my personal thing with WoC.

Make sure to read the rumors on the new WoC book.

ROCKY
23-08-2008, 10:24
well what i would do is take an exalted champ (far better than aspiring) and give him the mark of khorne. take only 17 warriors (mark of khorne) and stick him in it and give it full command. no buy a big block of marauders (20-25) and u should be fine ^_^.

Dexter099
23-08-2008, 21:46
The question is, does he want fewer elite fighters (10 Warriors of Khorne) or many medicre ones? (Marauders) I would go for Warriors, though mine would have shields and MoN.