PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elf Question; Kindred rules

emilybunny
22-08-2008, 12:57
Sorry if this has gone around before, but I couldn't find anything...

I'm thinking of redoing my wood elf list and was looking over the Kindred rules section.

The rule I'm looking at in particular is that of the Eternal Kindred.

Now this rule states "A character from an Eternal Kindred benefis from the Eternal Guard Fighting Style special rule, though this is lost if they take any magical armour/weapons."

This Kindred costs 5pts.

The Eternal Guard Fighting style specia rule states "... regardless of how eternal guard models are armed and armoured they have an Armour save of 5+. They are considered to fight with two hand weapons in close combat... May fight as though had spears..." (... cut out small bits)

So the question is, for 5pts does this effectively mean my naked, long bow weilding 75pt wood elf noble actually wears armour and can use his bow as a hand weapon/spear?

Or do I still need to pay for mundane armour/weapons?

EB

Poseidal
22-08-2008, 13:03
So the question is, for 5pts does this effectively mean my naked, long bow weilding 75pt wood elf noble actually wears armour and can use his bow as a hand weapon/spear?
As far as I know, yes.

xragg
22-08-2008, 13:07
He has a long bow and hand weapon! But yes, eternal kin grants him the fighting style that allows extra hand weapon attack and a 5+ armor save.

Ethos
22-08-2008, 14:04
what xragg said.