PDA

View Full Version : Poison and killing blow?

Mullitron
22-08-2008, 16:33
Probably been covered before but if a character has both poison and killing blow and and rolls a 6 to hit do you roll to wound on the small chance they might still get a six for the killing blow or do you simply auto wound and ignore any chance of a killing blow?

Ethos
22-08-2008, 17:11
auto wound.

The scorpions for Tomb Kings have both poison and killing blow. But at Strength 5, it's cool either way.

Grom Hellscream
22-08-2008, 17:22
yeah, if you have poison and killing blow, just roll to hit, any 6's auto wound, if you have any other hits that were not poison, roll to wound, if you roll any 6's for these, they have killing blow.
yeah, in the case of the TK scorpion, its just a good thing

TheWarSmith
22-08-2008, 22:51
It'd be nice if you could roll the poisoned hits anyway to see if they got KB(but they still auto wound), but oh well.

therat
23-08-2008, 16:28
I'd say as an "on house" I'd allow the roll, it makes sense... I really can't see any reason why not. Why should a poisoning attack prevent it from skewering someone?

T10
23-08-2008, 16:32
Consider the poison hits to be pokes with the stinger and the killing blow hits to be snips with the pincers and you have both sense and reason.

-T10

therat
23-08-2008, 17:26
Consider the poison hits to be pokes with the stinger and the killing blow hits to be snips with the pincers and you have both sense and reason.

Have you seen the stinger on those things? It's perfectly capable of killing blow by itself.

Faustburg
23-08-2008, 17:39
If you want to see it that way, more weapons on any model than not should have killing blow, considering their size....

So, no...

Condottiere
23-08-2008, 19:06
They're separate issues, and resolve separately.

therat
24-08-2008, 04:22
Official FAQ says no KB roll on auto-wound poison attacks, apparently primarily relating to the tomb scorpion.

If you want to see it that way, more weapons on any model than not should have killing blow, considering their size....

So, no...

Yes, bad example, but what of someone wielding a poisoned blade who still knows just where to put it? Just because the attack induces poison doesn't mean it did not slit the throat or pierce the heart. The official ruling seems only to reduce the effectiveness of the two being taken together.

Regardless, rules are rules, I guess.

Gorbad Ironclaw
24-08-2008, 04:38
The official ruling seems only to reduce the effectiveness of the two being taken together.

That might be the point you know? Both are very good 'auto' effects, so if you want both you are making a small trade-off. Doesn't seem entirely unreasonable to me.

slaanghoul
24-08-2008, 06:55
I'd say as an "on house" I'd allow the roll, it makes sense... I really can't see any reason why not. Why should a poisoning attack prevent it from skewering someone?

because it is a game and it need to be balance. so no, auto wound and no killing blow roll at all.