PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts close combat DE army (maybe even tourney)

AUN'SHI
22-08-2008, 18:58
Characters:526

Lord: 223 (in COK unit)
Cold one, heavy armour, halebred, sea dragon cloak, Pendant of K (for got the name :P)

Hero: 153
BSB, Hal, HA, ring of darkness (in BG unit.)

Sorceress 150
DS, DS (in DE warriors unit)

Units:1474
Core:
DR-5 110pts
DR-5 110pts

DE warriors-14 98pts

Harpy-5 55pts
Harpy-5 55pts

Special:

COK-5 200 full command, item that makes them immune to Psychology

BS-17 316pts full command, banner of Hagref (asf) Ring of hotek

Shades-5 80pts

Chariot 100pts

Rare:

War hydra 175pts
War hydra 175pts

2000pts

Basically BSB will help against ppl shooting at my BG and ensure they almost never run.

COK, hydra, chariot, BG heavy hitters. DR side hitters/shooting :)

Harpies cannon fodder/side hitters/Warmachine hunters

Mage scroll caddy unit of DE warriors cannon fodder :P

Please let me know what you think.

PARTYCHICORITA
22-08-2008, 22:15
Very nice list; a couple of things out of the top of my head:
-i would rather take lance over halberd on the Lord, hes suppose to get the charge and break.
-i would take the BSB with a great weapon since hes on foot with the banner of hag graef.
-Get a level 2 for the sorceress, it can be useful with PoD
-Try to find points for weapons for the shades, nice to have them there just in case.
-COK could let go of command.

AUN'SHI
23-08-2008, 00:58
Very nice list; a couple of things out of the top of my head:
-i would rather take lance over halberd on the Lord, hes suppose to get the charge and break.
-i would take the BSB with a great weapon since hes on foot with the banner of hag graef.
-Get a level 2 for the sorceress, it can be useful with PoD
-Try to find points for weapons for the shades, nice to have them there just in case.
-COK could let go of command.

Thanks for the reply :)

Ur completly right Halbred will be changed to great weapon right away.

Lance over the Hal hmmm I can see ur point hit and break tactic ill have to try and work that in.

The level 2 sorceress is really only there for scroll caddy and use the level 1 spell on 3 dice but I do see ur point.

So great weapons any reason why for the shades? I kinda only wanted them for shooting and pissin the opponent off...

Take away command from COK but would that not hinder their killing power?

Thanks again for the insight gonna have to work a few things out :)

Ptolémée
23-08-2008, 13:01
Very nice list !

But try to find points for take musicians on your dark riders :)
It's very important for a light cavalery !

badgeraddict
23-08-2008, 17:21
Very nice list !

But try to find points for take musicians on your dark riders :)
It's very important for a light cavalery !

I cannot agree more, if I had the model I would always take the Musician. The amount of times I have failed to rally, were if I had a musician I would have rallied. :eyebrows:

PARTYCHICORITA
23-08-2008, 18:33
My feeling on elven scroll caddys are: Since they are so expensive you may as well spent some points to make them useful.
With DE i magic plan is as follow:
-Make the caddy level 2
-Cast PoD with 2 dice (either the opponent dispels it or you get 2-4 dice)
-If opponents dispels you cast Chillwind with 2 dice (opponent has less dispel dice so spell may get a succesful cast)
-If opponent does not dispel you can now either split your new dice between chillwind and your other spell or just cast your second spell with all your power dice.

Either way you give your opponent a harder time on your magic phase and actually get some succesfull casts.

steevn
23-08-2008, 22:02
I cannot agree more, if I had the model I would always take the Musician. The amount of times I have failed to rally, were if I had a musician I would have rallied. :eyebrows:

why don't you just cut the trumpet from any other models arm and glue it to the belt of the rider or one of the horses straps? i don't know the dark rider models, i'll recieve mine next week with musician :)