PDA

View Full Version : 3000 of Nurgle to beat up on HE

DrDanimalSize
22-08-2008, 22:59
Hello all! I'm gonna try to give my HE buddy a vicious beat down tomorrow, and this is how I'm gonna do it:

GUO "Chase Johnson" 670
Balesword, Pestilent mucus, lvl 4

Prince "Ham Sandwich" 465
MoN, Winged, Stream of Bile, lvl 2

Herald "Pink foot" 250
Palanquin, Slime, Noxious, lvl 1

Herald "Lil' foot" 200
Slime, Noxious, lvl 1

Epidemius 135

14 Plaguebearers 217
Champ, Banner, IoEV

14 Plaguebearers 217
Champ, Banner, IoEV

10 Plaguebearers 157
Banner, IoEV

10 Plaguebearers 120

5 Furies "Nurglies" 60

5 Furies "Nurglies" 60

3 Nurglings 105

4 Nurglings 140

2 Beasts 200

TOTAL: 2996

Xzazzarai
23-08-2008, 00:07
Too many Hero choices there mate.

DrDanimalSize
23-08-2008, 05:39
3000 pts, I'm allowed up to 6, 2 of which can be lords

ROCKY
23-08-2008, 10:19
High elves at this point level will incorporate lots of magic and will most likely have enough dispel dice/ scrolls to deal with only 10 power dice, secondly your plague bearer units are too small for a 3000point game.

DrDanimalSize
24-08-2008, 01:36
2 of my 4 palguebearer units bit the dust, and yes, I only got off one spell in the first 2 turns, and only because it was irresistable. I did come out on top with a major victory at the end of it all, and my daemon prince was a whole bunch of excellent flying breath weapon harassment!

This was my first game using Epidemius, and I must say that he is broken. Not having to roll to wound? After only 2 rounds? Ridiculous. +2 to cast in rounds 4&5? Goodbye units, hello nurglings. B-R-O-K-E-N. From here on in that model is a BSB on Palanquin, or else my friends won't play me anymore.

squiggoth
24-08-2008, 02:20
my daemon prince was a whole bunch of excellent flying breath weapon harassment!

That's quite surprising.
I've always loved my previous Exalted of Nurgle with Stream of Corruption and two levels of Magic as a flying breath weapon terrorifying harassment, but with the new Puking Prince being a lot more expensive, even without having magic levels, and no longer causing Terror, I figured he would no longer be worth the points.
I might give him a chance on the battlefield after all. :)

This was my first game using Epidemius, and I must say that he is broken. Not having to roll to wound? After only 2 rounds? Ridiculous. +2 to cast in rounds 4&5? Goodbye units, hello nurglings. B-R-O-K-E-N. From here on in that model is a BSB on Palanquin, or else my friends won't play me anymore.

He's only broken when fielded in a fluffy and characterful Nurgle-themed army. In an Undecided 'army', his Tally doesn't have much effect and his lack of Locus even makes him a poor man's choice when compared to a generic Herald. Which just goes to show that Special Characters are made for lame lists. :p
Mine's a BSB as well.

gimp_1
24-08-2008, 18:56
I have to agree with the others a unit of 10 plauguebearers could easily be obliterated by just 5 empire knight with full command, and as most people by now including myself deamon armies win when they have not a complete mix of troops but a good divide down the middle to completley compensate for the other half (4 gods makes them a master of nothing) but khorne with tzeentch and nurgle and slaanesh complement each otther well, for magic i suggest maybe radically changing you guo to a keeper of secrets and level 4 him, phantasmagoria with terror is devastating

ROCKY
24-08-2008, 21:39
I have to agree with the others a unit of 10 plauguebearers could easily be obliterated by just 5 empire knight with full command, and as most people by now including myself deamon armies win when they have not a complete mix of troops but a good divide down the middle to completley compensate for the other half (4 gods makes them a master of nothing) but khorne with tzeentch and nurgle and slaanesh complement each otther well, for magic i suggest maybe radically changing you guo to a keeper of secrets and level 4 him, phantasmagoria with terror is devastating

AYE! and dont forget slicing shards of slaanesh!:cheese: