PDA

View Full Version : Starting Blood Bowl dwarfs

Lord Malorne
23-08-2008, 13:23
First off should I do BB dwarfs?

What would you reccommed for my team to start with?

EmperorNorton
23-08-2008, 20:36
To be honest, dwarfs are a bit boring to play.
They are slow and they can't pass the ball properly, so they usually form a turtle and roll down the pitch.
Dwarfs don't make many touchdowns but have a good chance at winning anyway as they don't allow their opponents many oportunities to score, either.
Their main strength is that their regular linemen all have access to strength skills, so pretty much your whole team can get Guard. They are tough as nails, but dwarfs take a lot of the speed out of the game.
In a starting team I'd take 6 Blockers, 2 Runners, 2 Blitzers and 1 Slayer, 4 Re-Rolls and 1 Fan Factor.

Leilond
25-08-2008, 11:29
First off should I do BB dwarfs?

What would you reccommed for my team to start with?

The first question
It ardly depend on your personal likes and dislikes
Dwarfs are slow but hard to get down and injury. The count on scoring few TD but let the opponent score less... causing as much casuality as they can. The good armors and the good starting skills let you "risk" some risky blocks more than other teams. The Strenght access for all you players except Runners, let you create a hard "guard" line, very difficult to put down
Someone thinks they're boring, someone else doesn't

Starting team?
I suggest 6 blockers, 1 runner, 2 blitzer, 2 troll slayer, 2 reroll, 1 apotecary, and save the rest of the money to buy the second runner as fast as you can.
Get the second runner as fast as you can

Lord Malorne
25-08-2008, 16:47
So with my starting points what should I buy?

Oh and I am entering a league with 2 pre-existing teams who have exp from another recent league :(.

Tennboy
25-08-2008, 18:03
LRB 4 or 5?

Cirrus the Blue
26-08-2008, 06:48
If it's LRB5, you've nothing to worry about due to the fact that you have a serious edge with the use of the almighty Inducement Table. Little is scarier for a 2,000,000 Gold team to face than a 1,000,000 Gold team. ;) Trust me on that.

- Cirrus

Leilond
26-08-2008, 08:43
So with my starting points what should I buy?

Oh and I am entering a league with 2 pre-existing teams who have exp from another recent league :(.

Don't worry about that. You'll learn to correctly use the inducement and you're going to lose some games, like it normally happens when any team go from a second division to the first division

I think 6 blockers, 1 runner, 2 blitzer, 2 troll slayer, 2 reroll, 1 apotecary or something similar, will be a good starting team, to complete with a second runner, two more blockers and 2 more reroll, while you'll have enought money

You're a Dwarf, and you have to stay with some concept
1. You're hard to get down, make it harder
This means you've to give Dodge (need to roll a double) and Guard to as much player as you can with your skillup

2. You're slow, thus you've to control the pitch
Grab is a perfect skill for putting enemys where you prefer, Tackle to make your opponent more difficult to move

3. You can stay in the fight without too much fear
You have to force your opponent to stay in contact with you, forcing him to block you and to recive block from you. Side step (you need to roll a double) is the perfect one to put yourself in the desired place during opponent blocks. If you do not manage to rolla double, Stand Firm can be a good substitute, because your opponent cannot hope to keep you away from him

4. At least one of your players, possibly two, must be the "damage dealer". Mighty blow, Piling on, Frenzy, Juggernaut, Tackle (in this order) is the way to transform a player in a dead machine. Troll slayer are good for this, they have Frenzy yet

5. Make your runners hard to manage as you can
Block, Dodge(double), Fend, Dauntless

Remember to create "different players" usefull in different situation
3-4 Players with Stand firm (or side step if you roll a double)
3-4 players with Grab
5-6 of these players described above with Guard
2 damage dealer (the troll slayers?)

Unless you play agaist a team more melee oriented than yours (and it's very difficult), put your players in base contact with their enemies. Your opponent has to choose from dodging you (tackle) and blocking you (things that you usually like)

Lord Malorne
28-08-2008, 11:37
Thanks man I have alot more confidence now and will be starting dwarfs soon, we have another 3 starter players (so 4 starters and 2 pros) the starter players are having a mini league to give us some points and teach us how to play.

Fingers crossed.