PDA

View Full Version : Grand Army Of The Reiksguard (2K Empire All Cav)

monkeyboy1989
23-08-2008, 16:44
Okay, This is a 2K all cavalry list that when finished I am planning to take to next years UK GT.

Lords
Kurt Helborg

Heroes
Reiksguard Captain (Samuel Falkurk)
Lance
Shield
Barded Warhorse
Full Plate Armour
Pistol

Lvl2 Battle Wizard (Lore Of Death-Benedickt Ross)
Barded Warhorse
Rod Of Power
Power Stone

Lvl2 Battle Wizard (Lore, Undecided-Hubert Stern)
Barded Warhorse
Dispel Scroll X2

Core
5 Reiksguard Knights
Musician

5 Reiksguard Knights
Musician

5 Reiksguard Knights
Musician

5 Reiksguard Knights
Musician

Special
9 Reiksguard Inner Circle
Full Command
War Banner
(Falkurk Goes Here)

9 Reiksguard Inner Circle
Full Command
(Helborg goes here)

5 Pistoliers
Musician
(Hubert Stern goes here)

5 Pistoliers
Musician
(Benedickt Ross goes here)

Total-1996

First things first, normally I am not a fan of special characters, but Helborg is non-negotiable, I bought him because I love the model, I spent about 12 hours working on him, he is the best thing I have ever painted, he stays.

Tactics and Deployment

The army functions in two parts.
Batalion 1 is Helborg and his knights with two units of 5 knights and the pistoliers with Hubert, and Batalion 2 is the remainder of the force.

The battilions go on seperate flanks the pistoliers hide behinde the knights while they make their way across the board, when my forces arrive at the enemy lines all three units of knights try and get a charge on the same unit to break it in one turn they then move onto the next unit, Helborgs battle group should have no problem with this, Laurels+Runefang=Kill, Samuels group may have more of a problem with this which is why they have the war banner and the death wizard(he hopefully eats away at the enemies LD making it eaiser to break them), The pistoliers try to stay out of trouble whilst taking down warmachine crews or lone mages.

The wizards are set up so that against enemies with a poor magic phase they should be able to dominate, or put up a half decent defence against a more magicly active army.

I can see this army doing quite well, but I can see things like bloodthirsters giving me all sorts of problems, any tips on how to dispose of these would be appreciated. You will notice my second wizard doesn't have a lore yet, I would like a bit of advice on which lore to take, if I remeber rightly the lore of beasts has a spell that acts like a bolt thrower, this could be quite usefull against big niasties like the bloodthirster.

All commants welcome, thanks.

PARTYCHICORITA
23-08-2008, 17:28
I like your list, Helborg is an amazing character and could turn the tide of the battle if use well.
I do not however see the point on having the 2 character join the huge knight units. They are already quiet nasty there is no reason to give them extra punch that could go better on your other units.
I would drop some inner circle knights on each unit to get an extra regular unit of knights with command for Kurt. I am an old MSU fan and i believe the more units the better, speacially when you are playing all cavalry.

Kaos
23-08-2008, 17:37
maybe have some cannons? Nice to have something to bombard with while you advance. And good against big nasties too i have heard. For fluff you can model two horses standing nearby that pulled them to the right location?

Oh and i think the spear only moves like a boltthrower but causes just a single wound.

Cheers -Kaos