PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Point Empire First List

MrPickles
23-08-2008, 20:23
Alright, the idea is to attach the warrior priests and the arch lector to each of the knight squads and use them as hammers with the swordsmen as anvils. Everything else is firing support. Tell me what you think.

2000 Point Empire

Lords
Arch Lector of Sigmar---199 Points
Barded Warhorse
Sword of Might
Shield
Dawn Armor

Heroes
Battle Standard Bearer---83 Points
Full Plate Armor

Warrior Priest of Sigmar---110 Points
Barded Warhorse
Heavy Armor
Shield

Battle Wizard---115 Points
2x Dispel Scroll

Core
State Troops---215 Points
25x Swordsmen
Musician
Standard Bearer
DETACHMENT:
10x Militia

State Troops---165 Points
25x Swordsmen
Musician
Standard Bearer

State Troops---215 Points
25x Swordsmen
Musician
Standard Bearer
DETACHMENT:
10x Militia

Knightly Order---156 Points
5x Knights w/ Lances
Standard Bearer w/ Warbanner

Knightly Order---131 Points
5x Knights w/ Lances
Standard Bearer

Special
Knightly Order---146 Points
5x Knights w/ Lances
Standard Bearer
Knights of the Inner Circle

6x Outriders---126 Points

6x Outriders---126 Points

Great Cannon---100 Points

Rare
Helblaster Volley Gun---110 Points

MrPickles
24-08-2008, 03:23
Anyone? Should I drop a unit of swordsmen and add some crossbow or handgunner detachments? How are the rare choices? Would I be better served by taking the goblin hewer? How are the warrior priests? Would it be better to replace one of them with a level 2 fire mage and the other with a battle standard bearer to put with the swordsmen?

Kalec
24-08-2008, 06:43
If the wizard is just a scroll caddy, give him a second dispel scroll, or the rod of power for turning useless power die into handy dispel die.

Marwynn
24-08-2008, 07:29
It seems solid at first glance. I like the concentration of shooting to the Outriders and the Helstorm/Helblaster. I'm iffy on just one Great Cannon but it's doable.

What I don't like is three units of Swordsmen with no screens and no combat detachments. I know you intend for your Knights to act as hammers, hurtling to the flanks of the enemy, but it seems flavourless and leaderless in there.

I would suggest a second scroll for the Wizard or the RoP. You have a lot of Dispel Dice already but you can always use more. I would drop the Great Weapons from the Warrior Priests. You won't miss the +1 Strength as much, the Knights will do most of the killing.

If you intend to carry on with this plan of yours I'd drop the third swordsmen block and add a few more Knights. Some vanilla Knights with maybe just a musician (useful) would be nice to have more of. As it is 3 Knight units in a 2K game will be easily focus fired, seeing as you have your characters in them.

Stinkfoot
24-08-2008, 07:37
First of all, since your Arch Lector is mounted he can't use his extra hand weapon. I believe it's still legal for him to have it, but it's a waste of points. I'd probably give him the mirror and perhaps a sword of might. Also while talking about the heroes section, I'd highly recommend dropping a hero priest for a battle standard bearer. BSBs are VERY useful in infantry armies like this one.

Unless your knights are taking magic standards, don't give them any standards at all. Even with a warrior priest they won't be able to win combats on their own (they need to flank and/or support infantry units), and as such their standards only serve as a liability, making them worth more points to the enemy while adding little to their usefulness.

Three units of swordsmen is fine, but you need detachments. I'd probably drop the rocket battery (never really seen it do anything useful) and replace it with 9 man halberdier or militia detachments for each infantry unit, and at least the ones on the flanks (rank them 3x3, to keep your line compact). You'll still fall a few points short, but it's worth dropping a few swordmen or demoting a unit of outriders to handgunners to afford the detachments.

Why does your wizard have a horse? He should be hiding in a forest all game; he doesn't need to move.

MrPickles
24-08-2008, 15:27
Alright, I have taken your advice into account. Tell me what you think of the new list. I am still unsure of which knightly units the warrior priest/arch lector should go in, so I could use a little help on that. I realize that the standard bearers on the knights are a liability, but they give me a little extra insurance in case I roll badly when I go about flanking a unit.

Stinkfoot
24-08-2008, 18:52
It's a solid list at this point. That said I think I would drop a couple of swordsmen to get the BSB a barded warhorse. That's not to say he should ride with the cavalry (he should not), he just needs a bit pretty protection since BSBs tend to be assassination target #1.