PDA

View Full Version : 2250pts Mixed Daemons army for Tourney

deneg88
24-08-2008, 07:32
Hey I'm thinking of getting a Daemons army for an upcoming tournament and thought id have a go at writing up an army list for it. Please let me know what you think as I'm very new to tournaments(this will be my second after getting crushed my first time) and need all the help i can get

Herald of Nurgle with magic level, palanquin, Noxious Vapours and Slime Trail-250pts

Herald of Nurgle with magic level, palanquin, Noxious Vapours and Slime Trail-250pts

Herlad of Tzeentch with Spell Breaker-140pts

20 Plaguebearers of Nurgle with full command and Icon of Eternal Virulance-295pts

20 Plaguebearers of Nurgle with full command and Icon of Eternal Virulance-295pts

23 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch with full command and Banner of Change-331pts

5 Furies-60pts

5 Furies-60pts

3 Nurglings-105pts

5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne-175pts

5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne-175pts

Fiend of Slaanesh-55pts

Fiend of Slaanesh-55pts

Total-2246pts
PD-8
DD-6

So the general idea of the army is that the nurglings and furies march block and hunt down the enemies war machines. The fiends will hunt down any wizards and if necessary suicide charge to kill them. the 2 units of flesh hounds will try and take down any flankers, or if possible slow down the enemies core units enough for my 3 big blocks of infantry to close in and crush any opposition. Also can anyone tell me if I can take 2 Icons of Eternal Virulance??. Any suggestions on how to improve the list would be much appreciated

deneg88
25-08-2008, 09:03
After thinking about this list some more, and no one wanting to help me out so far, I thought that Id ask what everyone thought of dropping something (not sure what yet) to give my tzeentch herald the BSB with great standard of sundering or whatever it is that gives -2 to cast on one lore. I thought id use this to help restrict armies that can choose any lore from using lore of fire to hurt my regen units of nurgle. so yeah need to find somewhere to lose 75 uneeded points. But I'm not really sure if its a great idea investing even more points into those 3 main infantry units

ROCKY
25-08-2008, 09:34
kk first off plague bearer units dont need to be that big drop them to 16each. now drop a unit of furies (that gives u a now total 164 to spend) in which i would now get 4 flamers and a pyro caster. which leaves 9 points. now put the fiends in one unit (2 of them).

Valaraukar
26-08-2008, 12:25
According to the book gifts can be taken more than once, so no problem thus far with the two icons. However the FAQ states that icons are magic items except for the caveats on Page 92 of the daemons army book which some people have taken to mean they are like magic items and can only be included once per army.

The caveats on page 92 however clearly state that gifts can be taken more than once in an army and the end of that paragraph of the FAQ clearly states IMO 'Remember that gifts may be taken more than once in the army.' In response to a question about icons being treated as magic items which in my mind obviously means that can be taken repeatedly.

Looks like a good list to me but I would also recommend smaller units. I usually use 14 + herald as you still get the +2 rank bonus then but depending on how you rule it may even need fewer if he's on a palanquin i.e 13 as he counts for one in both ranks.

Like the palanquins for spreading those noxious vapours further I often use this tactic and the extra attacks are a great boon even at strength and WS 3. Have you considered including Epidemius with those as your core units as after a few wounds your poisoned attacks will be so much more effective not to mention magic which is good for softening the opponent with miasma of pestilence.

deneg88
27-08-2008, 06:05
Thanks for the advice! Yeah I may reduce the size of the Plaguebearers too something like 14 each. That way i can have the unit 6 wide, with the palanquin and 4 plaguebearers in the front rank, and still get 2 ranks. That would give me 148 spare points, which i could use to give someone a bsb with great standard of sundering (75pts) and perhaps an extra flesh hound in each one of their units or some extra furies.
Id love to take epidemus but unfortunately most tournaments (in australia anyway) seem to have a no special characters rule in place. If i could hav him thos plaguebearer units could be very deadly. I'll probably use his model to represent one of the heralds on palanquin anyway though so i can use him in all my non tournament games

Mullitron
27-08-2008, 18:44
If you want to give one of the heralds a bsb i would recommend giving it to one of the nurgle heralds, simply because there harder to kill.

ROCKY
27-08-2008, 20:27
If you want to give one of the heralds a bsb i would recommend giving it to one of the nurgle heralds, simply because there harder to kill.

seconded:p

yoshimo
27-08-2008, 21:55
I agree with reducing the unit sizes to 14, other than that it looks really solid, maybe drop 1 nurgling base, drop the 6 plaguebearers in both groups and add another unit of 5 flesh hounds

deneg88
28-08-2008, 06:36
Yeah good point I think i'd definately give a herald of nurgle the BSB, much safer there. I'd love to drop a nurgling, as I don't really need more than 2, but unfortunately the unit minimum is 3....

Can anyone think of a better way to spend 148pts other than the Great standard of sundering BSB and 2 flesh hounds? The BSB will most likely be really useful but I'm not so sure 2 extra flesh hounds will do much

Valaraukar
28-08-2008, 11:21
I disagree I always take units of 6 flesh hounds if I can afford them. 6 maximises the number of flesh hounds you can get into contact with a standard 5 wide enemy thanks to corner to corner even on 20mm bases. Also it allows for a casualty (or even three) whilst still retaining a good hitting power and over US5 for negating ranks etc. Plus if you can outnumber with them on their own or as a combo charge you will autobreak the opponent unless they are immune to fear.

fubukii
28-08-2008, 12:48
i think plaguebearers are betetr in big blocks, with a 14 man unit, you can do 6 widex3 ranks

which nets you 2 ranks and whatever kills you do with troops who are more resilient then killy.