PDA

View Full Version : VC 2250p, is this going to work?

Roxx
24-08-2008, 09:27
1 Vampire Lord @ 445 Pts
General; Magic Level 3
The Arkayne: Master of the Black Arts [50]
The Master: Lord of the Dead [15]
Flayed Hauberk [25]
Biting Blade [5]
Skull Staff [65]
The Arkayne: Dark Acolyte [30]

The ide is that he is going to be raising alot of skeletons, he has 8 PD to use for him self, and with Skull staff + Master of the black arts he can pull it off with 1 die on 2+ (thats about 20 skeletons / turn if not dispelled). He is going to go with one skeleton unit and fight.

1 Vampire @ 155 Pts
Magic Level 1; Great Weapon; Heavy armour
Book of Arkhan [35]
The Martialle: Avatar of Death [20]

This guy is going with the other skeleton unit, his purpouse in life is the Book of Arkhan and just to hit hard.

1 Vampire @ 175 Pts
Magic Level 2;
Helm of Commandment [30]

This vampire is going to go for him self and be more or less 12" from the graveguards using the Helm on them. And his second role is as a lvl 2 spellcaster.

1 Necromancer @ 180 Pts
Magic Level 1; Knows 1 Necro Spell
Dispel Scroll [25]

1 Corpse Cart @ [100] Pts
Balefire [0]

This guy is just 80p worth of 1 pd 1 dd and one croll.

20 Zombies @ 80 Pts

20 Zombies @ 80 Pts

9 Skeleton Warriors @ 100 Pts
Full command

9 Skeleton Warriors @ 100 Pts
Full command

I have minimun size on the skeletons because the vampire is going to use IoN on them in my first turn and make them 20+ in size.

1 Corpse Cart @ 100 Pts
Miasma of Deathly Vigor
Balefire

3 Fell Bats @ 60 Pts

11 Grave Guard @ 201 Pts
Great Weapon; Heavy Armour;
Ful command

(Always strike first, WS 6 graveguards with GW must be really good)

5 Black Knights @ 120 Pts
Lance; Heavy Armour; Shield

The back nights are going to act as some sort of fast flankers. Not as hard hiters.

5 Dire Wolves @ 40 Pts

5 Dire Wolves @ 40 Pts

1 Varghulf @ 175 Pts

1 Black Coach @ 200 Pts

Casting Pool: 12

Dispel Pool: 7

(plus 1 on dispell and casting rolls)

So what do you guys think? Anything I need to change?

Jerrus
24-08-2008, 10:10
Would just like to point out that spells allways fail on a natural roll of 1 or 2, so you lord will be casting on 3+ anyway. You will still make it harder for him to dispel though.

The small units make the army very vulnerable to shooting/magic, as they can be wiped out in a single round concetrated fire.

I would suggest dropping the Black Coach (as it can hamper your magic phase) and filling out your units.

Gokamok
24-08-2008, 14:25
Remove the zombies, you'll be far better off with another unit of skeletons since you're able to raise a lot of them anyway. I'd recommend using one of the skellie units as a bunker for the necro and HoC vampire, it's a bit safer than having them run around on their own in most cases.

You need more Grave Guard. 11 simply won't cut it, as they can be wiped out in a turn of concentrated missile fire, leaving a nice hole in your battleline. I'd recommend 20 with shields instead of great weapons, since I prefer survivability over the added strength.

The Black Knights would likely be better off having barding, there's a huge difference between 3+ and 2+ AS.

Regarding characters:

1) Your general should NOT get into combat unless you can be absolutely sure that he won't face enemy characters, elite units (such as swordmasters) or anything with killing blow. 2+ AS is fine for fighting R&F, but not enough for heavy combat.

2) The vampire with Book of Arkhan has T4, 5+ AS and strikes last. He can be easily killed by R&F, so I don't think he's suited for combat at all. I'd recommend giving him Dread Knight, Enchanted Shield and making him BSB.

I'd suggest removing the coach, not because it's necessarily bad, but because you'd likely be better off spending the points on more GG, possibly getting the skeleton units a tad bigger, and more wolves/bats/black knights.

Roxx
24-08-2008, 20:15
Ok thank you for the input. I have made the following changes:
Removed Black Coach.
Removed the 2 units of zombies.
Removed Scull staff since it did work as I thought.
Changed vampire to barded with BSB and Warbanner.
Gave the Lord the book.
One more one more unit of skeletons and slightly more of them
More grave guards, still GW tho, Gw is too good with always strike first to remove, or?
Barding on Black knights.
3 more felbats

1 Vampire Lord @ 415 Pts
General; Magic Level 4
The Arkayne: Master of the Black Arts [50]
Flayed Hauberk [25]
Biting Blade [5]
Book of Arkhan [35]

1 Vampire @ 175 Pts
Battle Standard Bearer; Magic Level 1; Necromancy; Lance; Heavy armour;
Shield
The Martialle: Dread Knight [25]

1 Barded Nightmare @ [0] Pts
War Banner [25]

1 Vampire @ 175 Pts
Magic Level 1; Necromancy
Helm of Commandment [30]

1 Necromancer @ 180 Pts
Magic Level 1; Necromancy; Knows 1 Necro Spell
Dispel Scroll [25]

1 Corpse Cart @ [100] Pts
Balefire [0]

12+1 Skeleton Warriors @ 124 Pts
Light Armour; Shield; Full command

Light Armour; Shield; Full command

Light Armour; Shield; Full Command

1 Corpse Cart @ 100 Pts
Miasma of Deathly Vigor [0]
Balefire [0]

3 Fell Bats @ 60 Pts

3 Fell Bats @ 60 Pts

17+1 Grave Guard @ 279 Pts
Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Full Command
Standard of Everlasting Death [15]

4+1 Black Knights @ 180 Pts
Barding; Lance; Heavy Armour; Full command

5 Dire Wolves @ 40 Pts

5 Dire Wolves @ 40 Pts

1 Varghulf @ 175 Pts

Casting Pool: 12

Dispel Pool: 7

Models in Army: 83

Jerrus
26-08-2008, 11:44
Change the Warbanner on your BSB to the Walking Death vampire power (same effect but cannot be destroyed)

Jerak
26-08-2008, 17:43
or do both :) i do
i would probably join the 2 units of fell bats into one as then u will have over 5 modles and be able to crossfire your enemies when they break from combat u will also have units strengh 5 should u want to charge them.

might also be a good idea to give your black knights the banner of hellish vigour if u want to use them as a fast flanker.
army looks cool tho
hope iv helped
Jerak

vodrake
26-08-2008, 18:49
Im just gonna put the setup for my all time favourite vamp, and the lord i use, try them, see what you think.

Lord - lvl 3 - Master of Black Arts - Lord of the Dead - Forbidden Lore - Wallachs Bloody Hauberk - Helm of Command - any other 25 points item, so scroll, power stone, jem of blood whatever you want here, or nothing to save points.

Forbidden lore is there over the extra level is becuase you are guaranteed to know van hells, not a 1 in 3 chance of not rolling it, and becuase you can pick from a different lore if need be (to deal with those annoying steam tanks) and still keep invocation.

Now my favourite vamp, who i wont leave home without since i made the setup for him is...

Vamp - Eternal Hatred - Walking Death - Sword of Might - Flayed Hauberk - Talisman of Lycni - BSB

This guy is so useful for so many reasons. He can stand in the front rank of a unit of skellies or graveguard, deal out 3 str6 attacks re-rolling missed hits, which is a decent amount of damage, he survives quite well due to the 2+ save and he gives +2 CR just from standing there. BUT becuase he has the talisman, he can charge 18" out of the unit he is in and inflict a decent amount of damage. He is fairly happy charing a unit of knights knowing that unless something goes very wrong, he wont die, and he has a decent chance of winning. They have standard and outnumber and lets say a warbanner aswell. You have 2 CR allready, so you loose by 1, and ignore it becuase he is a BSB...but you should kill 1, maybe 2 knights anyway so may win the combat. Also kills war machines with ease, love charing hell blasters and organ guns with him.

Yet to see a better setup for a vamp IMO.

BTW i also agree that shields are better becuase your not always gonna be striking first, but if your using great weapons, you should have the banner of the barrows. Usually hitting on 2+, usually wounding on 2+ with killing blow striking first is not something to be laughed at.