PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Teclis vs. Dark Elves/Daemons

LKHERO
24-08-2008, 15:03
Going for the competitive build with minimum core and hard specials. Teclis lays down a unstoppable Magic phase, RBTs preform a arrow-fletched shooting phase, and a 20-strong, Stubborn on a 10 (Teclis), Immune to Fear, Magic Resistant 3, and duel-accepting (Caradryan) unit of White Lions to anchor the Banner of Sorcery.

The scroll caddy hides somewhere in range of the WL Anchor and casts Shield of Saphery every turn.

Might not be the most fun list for some people, but around here we all play competitively. Opinions?

2250 High Elves

LORD:
Teclis = 475
Caradryan = 175
Lv.2 Mage (Jewel of Dusk, Scroll) = 170

CORE:
10x Archers = 110
10x Archers = 110

SPECIAL:
20x White Lions (FC, GoC, Banner of Sorcery) = 390
1x Lion Chariot = 140
1x Lion Chariot = 140
1x Lion Chariot = 140

RARE:
4x Repeater Bolt Thrower = 400

Kalec
24-08-2008, 18:01
Don't you need a minimum of 3 core for 2K?

Drop a chariot for another Sea Guard unit, and pray you don't get outflanked by enemy cavalry.

LKHERO
25-08-2008, 14:06
Nope. I only need 2 core.

Anyone else wanna give some feedback?

Uriain
25-08-2008, 15:32
I am going to be honest here. I don't know how hard this is against the Dark elves/Daemons you put in the title.

Dark Elves will ruin Teclis with 1 single item. The Ring of Hotek. Any doubles and you irresistible..but you also miscast..and unless I am off my rocker (which i very well may be) Miscasts still trump irresistible.

Daemons Are a mix'd bag. Some will just shrug off the majority of spells (nurgle stuff) while others can and most likely will get into a casting match with you and have a good chance of winning, simply because Teclis is your hammer unit.

The only other questions I have are:

1) Can you put Caradryan in a unit of white lions?
2) Do his rules effect the white lions, or only the Phoenix guard
3) Unless Caradryan has a LD 10 (I dont have book at work with me) then the White lions are stubborn off their own leadership I belive, not the generals.

**EDIT** disregurd my third point...I just realized that you said teclis is in with the white lions

Hvidponi
25-08-2008, 16:52
I am pretty sure Stubborn troops use thier own leadership at all times...

I see no reason to waste points on LSG... Just use archers...
And teclis can't take the magic phase alone... DE got ring of Hotek and chaos got core mages for 120 pts...

blackjack
25-08-2008, 20:14
I run deamons and I would not be too worried about your list.

This is my most common list.

thirster
4x5 dogs
2x2 fiends
3x10 horrors
1 herald of tz
The Masque

The 10 sea guard will not protect your flanks for long against my dogs. My fiends and masque have a longer charge range than your chariots and will eat them. A unit of dogs + thirster can tie down your lions for a turn or two while my dogs munch through your sea guard on thier way to your flank. teclis might kill my fiends and hurt my horrors but my core fighting group is MR 2 and 3 so he does not worry me much.

I think the main thing will be how well your bolt throwers do against the thirster. If you can pop the Daemons GD in the first turn your golden but by turn 2 he will be in your troops or demolishing your war machines or both.

That's how I see the battle going. The only way to tell would be to run it though.

ROCKY
25-08-2008, 21:12
Nope. I only need 2 core.

Anyone else wanna give some feedback?

I dont know what your reading but you need THREE cores in a 2000point game. and tecilis is outmatched if alone in the magic phase. Chaos have a banner (i believe the banner of sundering is the name) where u will get a -2 to your casting. as well having most likely loads of magc of their own. to breach the defenses u need loads more of magic.

ROCKY
25-08-2008, 21:15
I run deamons and I would not be too worried about your list.

This is my most common list.

thirster
4x5 dogs
2x2 fiends
3x10 horrors
1 herald of tz
The Masque

The 10 sea guard will not protect your flanks for long against my dogs. My fiends and masque have a longer charge range than your chariots and will eat them. A unit of dogs + thirster can tie down your lions for a turn or two while my dogs munch through your sea guard on thier way to your flank. teclis might kill my fiends and hurt my horrors but my core fighting group is MR 2 and 3 so he does not worry me much.

I think the main thing will be how well your bolt throwers do against the thirster. If you can pop the Daemons GD in the first turn your golden but by turn 2 he will be in your troops or demolishing your war machines or both.

That's how I see the battle going. The only way to tell would be to run it though.

that looks like a really nice list. i might have to try that.:evilgrin:

TK421
26-08-2008, 04:44
I dont know what your reading but you need THREE cores in a 2000point game.

He'd be reading the High Elf army book actually. Only need 2 Core.

ROCKY
26-08-2008, 09:12
He'd be reading the High Elf army book actually. Only need 2 Core.

are you serious? you mean to tell me that all armies must have 3 cores and the high elfs only 2?:wtf:

TK421
26-08-2008, 09:20
Yep.

At 2000pts High Elves have 2+ Core, 0-6 Special and 0-4 Rare. Although with Chariots, Eagles and Bolt Throwers no longer 2 for 1 choices and Silver Helms no longer Core it's not that big a deal.

ROCKY
26-08-2008, 09:25
Yep.

At 2000pts High Elves have 2+ Core, 0-6 Special and 0-4 Rare. Although with Chariots, Eagles and Bolt Throwers no longer 2 for 1 choices and Silver Helms no longer Core it's not that big a deal.

well thank god its more balance i would hate to see 8 eagles on the battlefield or throwers etc. but still thats kind of silly. makes them choose easier. just one unit of archers, another unit of spearmen and thats it. sheeesh.

Lord Khabal
26-08-2008, 10:29
Its an elite army. Or at least that was their reasoning...

TK421
26-08-2008, 10:53
In reality all it does is let HE players actually take more then one of the Elite units and still be able to have some support for them.

Valaraukar
26-08-2008, 14:14
I play daemons and almost always take the std. of sundering it's 50 points and gives you -2 to all casting from one lore which I select after deployment. Your magic phase would not trouble me too much unless you can back it up with some further mages, shooting is nasty but as someonelse said could be better by the addition of more archers rather than using sea guard.

Particularly against daemons though the number of fast moving troops at our disposal you'll soon be in CC where we will chew through your list so perhaps in that case the sea guard are a good choice as with spears you should get a good nubmer of attacks in as well as being able to stand and shoot. Against VC I think a greater number of archers would be more useful.

nandron
26-08-2008, 21:23
Hi
I tend to run teclis + Cardryan and 1 other char and do quite well. The ring of hotek has to be within 12'' of Teclis which he should not allow. Also anything that close should be bolthrowered. Teclis with the banner gets about 10 pow dice a turn to play with and will get absolute power on 2 4 dice rolls at least once. also ignores his 1st miscast every turn. Choose spell list wisely, Lore of metal for cav + warmachines, Lore of beasts for Cav + monsters.High magic for dealing with magic items. Caradryan will do d3 wounds each hit against the big stuff + d6 no save when he dies.

GreenSpeed
27-08-2008, 01:25
From my experience seaguard are not worth it, they are a pretty dismal fighting unit that looses most fights on CR right of the bat. So id trade them in for 10 archers with musician. this will save you 30 points or 40 pts without the musician. use the points to upgrade the mage to lvl 2. this will help out your magic phase.

your army seem to be defensive with a counter charge ability once the enemy gets to you, which works fine. And you seem to be relying heavily on magic. My experience with magic based armies is to take as much as possible, so id consider dropping a chariot for a third lvl 2 mage. This will really help your magic phase, (the main purpose of the list) at the expensive of a counter charge which is only a secondary strategy for your army, you still have 2 good counter chargers. and the third mage might mean you get that all important flames of the phoenix off which could be much more game breaking than a chariot charge.

Note: these changes would give you an addition 3 pd and 1 DD and upgraded shooting at the expense of 1 lion chariot

Grinloc
27-08-2008, 01:57
The ring of hotek has to be within 12'' of Teclis which he should not allow. Also anything that close should be bolthrowered.

According to the german errata this is incorrect. The caster miscasts on any double when being within 12" of the ring and ALSO when he casts on a unit which happens to be within 12" of the ring.

LKHERO
30-08-2008, 07:02
There you go guys. I updated the list.

It's more of a themed army now with 3 Lion Chariots and White Lion anchor!

My magic phase looks like:

9 + D3x2 PD (for a possible 15 power dice), 5 DD + 2x Scrolls (1 super scroll).
Here's the kicker. You're not really meant to stop Teclis' Magic phase. That's why the Lv.2 with 3 PD is there, to wear out enemy DP so stopping Teclis is even more impossible.

The Archers are actually front line.. so they can shoot the enemy immediately and my Lion Chariots are on the defensive waiting for counter-charges. 4 RBT and a incredibly strong magic phase will FORCE my opponents to move towards me or be destroyed.

That's the idea :)

Foxbat
01-09-2008, 16:20
My magic phase looks like:

9 + D3x2 PD (for a possible 15 power dice), 5 DD + 2x Scrolls (1 super scroll).
Here's the kicker. You're not really meant to stop Teclis' Magic phase. That's why the Lv.2 with 3 PD is there, to wear out enemy DP so stopping Teclis is even more impossible.

I think your DD should be 5+d3 plus 2 scrolls.