PDA

View Full Version : Keeper of Secrets Bulids and uses.

AngelofSorrow
25-08-2008, 08:30
I love the keeper of secrets. It is hands down IMHO the most useful of the GD's
For those of you out there who use them how do you build yours.

for 2250 my most commonly played points level i use this

Lvl 3 wizard and Spirit Swallower.

I used to use:
Allure, Soul Hunger, Enrapturing Gaze, Lvl 3

My former build usually found himself getting into hairy situations and getting destroyed nearly every game. With Spirit Swallower he is now amazin and in 5 straight games has ended the game at full wounds.

I use my Keeper primarily as a caster for Phantasamagoria if rolled and a flank charger taking on key enemy units and characters.

How do you use your keeper.

ROCKY
25-08-2008, 10:19
I love using my keeper with siren song, ether blade, soul hunger. and he was a lvl 4. i would use him with my fast units (seekers, fiends, etc) and utilize his terrror bombingness and use the siren song on heavy armored things that can run (hehehe blood knights) and always strike first wich usually ends up killing 4 of them. (then they go poof). plus leadership tests are fun when your opponent has -5 ld hahahaha

Zerosoul
25-08-2008, 15:51
I use Lvl. 4 Wizard, Allure, Siren Song, and Torment Blade. This combo has been extremely effective for me. Slaanesh's Lore is just brutal at cutting down vast swathes of the enemy - I've been getting tremendous use out of Cacaphonic Caress recently playing a lot of Empire, and Slicing Shards is just amazing - as long as you run it with some way of lowering enemy LD. I have a Herald of Khorne BSB with the Banner of Despair running close to the Keeper and have never regretted it - I've only played a couple games so far but my opponent has yet to do more than one wound to the Keeper. I also throw in a Herald of Tzeentch running around with Master of Sorcery so I have access to Lore of Death, for Doom and Darkness.

Lazarus15
26-08-2008, 16:46
I run mine as the General of a mostly Tzeentch army. It is great having a pool of 5 dice plus the Keepers 4 dice.

I run either one of two builds, both are Level 4 Wizards;
1) Soul Hunger (regains wounds)
2) Torment Blade, (don't have my book with me at the moment) the gift that forces a leadership test or no attacks...Allure of Slaanesh I believe, The gift that allows re-roll wounds, and the gift that allows no use of another models ld.

The first build was against a Bretonnian Army in a Legendary Battle. It charged a block of Grail Knights with the Fey Enchantress and decimated it. I casted Cacophonic Caress, and the number 3 power...allows ASF, and RE-ROLL missed to hits. It was gross.

The second build is fantastic because you have 7 attacks that re-roll hits and wounds with the appropriate spell at S6 AP, with no probable attacks back! That is rediculous!

ROCKY
26-08-2008, 18:57
I run mine as the General of a mostly Tzeentch army. It is great having a pool of 5 dice plus the Keepers 4 dice.

I run either one of two builds, both are Level 4 Wizards;
1) Soul Hunger (regains wounds)
2) Torment Blade, (don't have my book with me at the moment) the gift that forces a leadership test or no attacks...Allure of Slaanesh I believe, The gift that allows re-roll wounds, and the gift that allows no use of another models ld.

The first build was against a Bretonnian Army in a Legendary Battle. It charged a block of Grail Knights with the Fey Enchantress and decimated it. I casted Cacophonic Caress, and the number 3 power...allows ASF, and RE-ROLL missed to hits. It was gross.

The second build is fantastic because you have 7 attacks that re-roll hits and wounds with the appropriate spell at S6 AP, with no probable attacks back! That is rediculous!

ummm dude soul hunger lets you reroll wounds. SPIRIT SWALLOWER is what gives u wounds back :D