PDA

View Full Version : Maneaters as DoW

takenoko
06-11-2005, 20:14
Ok, me and a mate have had an argument about Maneaters in mercenary armies, and finally decided that to decide upon this matter of gravest importance, we would have to use the great knowledge of the Warseers. According to the Ogre Kingdoms AB, Maneaters can be fielded as a single Rare choice in Ogre armies, two Rare choices in other armies, and one Special in DoW armies. Since first I read this, I've doubted it, and prayed to Lord Sigmar that it was a mistake from GW, that they should be a least rare also in DoW armies, but my friend doen't.

So, the question is, has GW ever in any Q&A confirmed that this is correct? And if it is, then why? :cries: It doesn't make any sense! They're mercenaries travelling the world, why would they be any more common in Tilea than in the other parts of the Old World? I can accept that they should be more common, but a single special? That's just ridiculous...

Actually, I know I'm wrong, but I just want to get this confirmed, as well as hearing from other gamers what you think on this matter.

NakedFisherman
06-11-2005, 20:16
They may be traveling the world...but they probably travel with Dogs of War armies.

They're a Special choice for DoW armies.

takenoko
06-11-2005, 20:57
But if they only travel with DoW, then why do they adapt so many different styles? Gah... Stubborn super-hard ogres should not be Special... :(

TAU AIR CASTE
07-11-2005, 06:51
Yeah they're a special choice, stubborn, immune to psyc and personally my fav oger unit. Oh and str5 with the aility to take great weapons bye bye chariots :D

-Ed
07-11-2005, 08:52
But if they only travel with DoW, then why do they adapt so many different styles? Gah... Stubborn super-hard ogres should not be Special... :(

They don't travel with one army, they hire their services out to anyone. Having maneaters in your army at simply means at that point in time the maneaters were paid to fight alongside that army.

takenoko
07-11-2005, 09:33
They don't travel with one army, they hire their services out to anyone. Having maneaters in your army at simply means at that point in time the maneaters were paid to fight alongside that army.

Exactly! So why should they be more common in armies of DoW than in those of the Dwarves?

TAU AIR CASTE
07-11-2005, 10:30
because dogs of war have more money? It's just the way it is, I guess gw thought DoW are an army made up of mercenary units and it would be fitting to allow them to take more mercenary orge units (personally I think the maneaters was an oversight but hey that's the way it goes).

XeoX
08-11-2005, 19:05
That's the way it is now. Oversight or not, the DoW deserve some more hard-hitting infantry.
I don't care what Takenoko will probably say about that.:P