PDA

View Full Version : My first high elf list C&C please

Reaver 19
25-08-2008, 08:48
OK here is the list

Prince, Great Weapon, Armour of Caledor, Vambraces of Defense, The Amulet of Light. 257 pts

Korhil. 140 pts

Mage, Level 2, Silver wand, Dispel Scroll, Power Stone. 185 pts

Mage, Level 2, Seerstaff of Saphery, Dispel Scroll. 185 pts

21 Spearmen, Full Command. 214 pts

10 Archers. 110 pts

5 Shadow Warriors, Shadow Walker. 92 pts

13 White Lions of Chrace, Full Command. 225 pts

5 Ellyrian Reavers, Full Command, Bows. 133 pts

5 Silver Helms, Full Command, Shields. 155 pts

Repeater Bolt Thrower. 100 pts

Repeater Bolt Thrower. 100 pts

Great Eagle. 50 pts

Great Eagle. 50 pts

so in total 1996 pts

So what do you guys think, good or not.If not what is wrong with it.

Reaver 19
26-08-2008, 18:43
no replies. Come on guys a little help here

Kamizanate
26-08-2008, 19:45
I don't think you have enough hard hitting units. You should find the points to switch out the Silver Helms for a unit of Dragon Princes (only what, 7 pts more expensive per model?). They hit MUCH harder and are immune to fire attacks.

Also, I don't see how the Shadow Warriors fit in. You have two eagles to hunt War Machines and march block. You could squeeze in a small flanking unit of swordmasters (6 or 7) to add a little extra punch

Everything else looks pretty good, though. Very balanced!

nandron
26-08-2008, 20:34
Switch white lions for swordmasters 2 units with standard + champion. Then use the rest of the army to get them into combat in 1 piece. 15 str 5 attks will do the job. White lions miss to often to do it. lose reavers, what are you going to do when you face as 10 pow dice magic army with only 4 dispel dice and 2 scrolls ? Take some MR items + standards. Korhil does to little damage unless you have a plan for the stubborn take a noble with starlance mounted with loec talisman.

Solon
26-08-2008, 22:01
I like it. The army is a jack of each phase of the turn. Also, you have a bunch of cool models and units. Elven armies are fragile by nature and yours isn't meant for long nasty cc.

I think the start of your master plan is to destroy enemy war machines and force their army to advance towards the wrath of the Eagle Claws. Meanwhile your Reavers and Shadow Warriors will earn a hundred dark oaths from your opponent as they march-block and harass and annoy. The White Lions and Korhil are the answer to fast Fear/Terror-causers as well as a tar-pit for lumbering monsters I dare not mention. Make sure those mages earn their keep because they're the reason your units are fairly small.

I recommend that, with the 2K list in mind, you draw up a 1K list that you can get some experience with.

vorac
26-08-2008, 22:39
for god sake don't take either Dragon Princes or Swordmasters, i am sick and tired of seing these over used units. I like you list but i think you have too many infantry based characters (4) for the number of infantry regiments to hide them in (2)i wold try and squeeze in another spearmen regiment.

Reaver 19
26-08-2008, 23:00
Thanks For the replies folks.

As to adding dragon princes instead of the silver helms its a lot more points when all they are there for is power flankers.

I will need the shadow warriors to march block as the eagles will be war machine hunting

As to changing Korhil and the white lions, they are the army they give it feel and theme.

As to 10 power dice armies, I'm playing high elves I've got drain magic and plus one to dispell i should be ok.

Prince Facestab
26-08-2008, 23:32
Thanks For the replies folks.

As to adding dragon princes instead of the silver helms its a lot more points when all they are there for is power flankers.

I will need the shadow warriors to march block as the eagles will be war machine hunting

As to changing Korhil and the white lions, they are the army they give it feel and theme.

As to 10 power dice armies, I'm playing high elves I've got drain magic and plus one to dispell i should be ok.

Dragon princes aren't much more expensive, and work a lot better. Plus, it's easy to come up with points: full command on reavers and silver helms? March blockers and flankers don't need full command. Cut the reavers down to a musician, and the silver helms (or dragon princes) down to whatever you think is necessary.

I'd want a few magic standards if I could scrounge up the points. Lion standard on the white lions, for example.

If you won't drop Korhil, consider dropping the prince? He's got that handy L10, and some good combat punch, but you're really short on fighty units. I do think cutting one of your march blockers might be valuable, in exchange for more fighting stuff.