PDA

View Full Version : DE "Ring of darkness” and shooting at characters on Monsters, Chariots etc.

Memphrite
25-08-2008, 09:43
Hallo,

I have only the German DE army bock so the translation of the mentioned magical item might be not right.

I mean the item which halve the WS of the attacker and halve the BS of all units which shooting at the bearer or the unit he is part of.
The HE have a similar item only it gives a -1 on BS the “to hit” roll.

Now the question: If the character is riding a monster and I will shot at him and his monster do I must halve my BF (or receive the -1 to hit) or not?

In the FAQ a similar question was answered like “… because of the rider and the mount can be hit separately, any saves or special rules of the character (inc. magic items etc) are not passed to its mount…

But now the question mark. When in the description of the item is mention the the effect (save / special rule) include the unit the character is part of, does this also mention his monstrous mount?

Does the character and his monster are forming a “unit” ans share the effect?

For clarity I think the effect should not passed on the mount.

Thanks!

Atrahasis
25-08-2008, 09:50
The effect applies to both rider and mount.

You don't know what you'll hit until AFTER you've rolled to hit, so how could you possibly not apply it to both?

That, and the item specifically says it applies to the entire unit he is part of.

Zachary
10-09-2008, 21:56
I have another simular question.
The amulet of khaeleth halves missile fire strenth. does this count for his mount? say he was riding a dragon.

sulla
11-09-2008, 06:15
The amulet of khaeleth halves missile fire strenth. does this count for his mount? say he was riding a dragon.

You mean the Cloak of Hag Graef? If so, it's effects only apply to hits on the wearer.

Zachary
01-10-2008, 19:45
The amulet of khaeleth. Does it affect both monster and rider? Say the bearer was mounted on a dragon

theunwantedbeing
01-10-2008, 19:48
The "amulet"(pendant of khaeleth) is the bearer only, not the mount as well, nor the unit they are with, nor anyone within x" of the bearer either.