PDA

View Full Version : Maneater a good choice for a HtH dwarf army?

rune
06-11-2005, 21:51
Since my dwarf army isnt going to have any rare choices(at the moment, ill have to see the new book), and i want it to be hand-to-hand with some shooting, but definantly not war-machine based, i want it to be melee based with lots of troops. I was considering a Gyro, but then I thought a Maneater Ogre would fit my army's fluff so much better, and he would be damn nice to have in a dwarf army right?

He can team up with the slayers, lol.

But tacticly, he is fast and hard hitting, good in combat, resilient .. what is his unit strength? US3, US5? if 5, he could negate ranks and that would make it a done deal.

made_of_metal
06-11-2005, 22:53
well one can't negate ranks. only US3. But you can get more then one. they are affordable for what they do. S7 is a nice touch.

If you dressed him up like a Dwarf it would be even better. Get one done in the armour, another as a slayer. very cool.

As for the number needed 1-3 are best depending on what you use them for. I would say 2-3 for what you seem to have in mind.

rune
07-11-2005, 01:30
I thought a regular army has to spend 2 rare slots to get 1 maneater.

Am i misinformed in this? Because if they are 1 rare slot each, i'd gladly buy two ..

Keller
07-11-2005, 02:21
It takes 2 slots to get a unit of Maneaters, not 2 slots per ogre. I like the idea of making one up like a dwarf, especially if you can make a beard for it.

Scythe
07-11-2005, 10:43
Should be doable if you can handle a little green stuff. Or get the female one. She's got a bread, right? :D

Tormentor of Slaanesh
07-11-2005, 21:50
how about, don't get one as everyone is getting one and just have more stunties. what is with everyone's obsesion with ogre mercenaries..

rune
08-11-2005, 23:22
well actually in hindsight my rare slots would be better served by 2 gyrocopters when the new rules are released.

Scythe
09-11-2005, 08:31
But 2 Gyrocopters don't come at 80 pts, do they...;)