PDA

View Full Version : 500pts Tournament

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
25-08-2008, 14:21
Alrightey, first up. Hi my name is the lord of blood and i'm hosting minor a tourney at the local konvention.

It'll be this weekend and rules are as follow:
Minimum 1 hero and 1 core, and you can have 2 special OR 1 rare.
That's about it :P

My reason for posting is of course to get opinons on a list, not to inform you lot though :D

List:
Vampire[185]:
Dark acolyte
Lord of the dead
Flayed hauberk
Black periapt

Skeletons(10)[100]:
Full command

Skeletons(10)[110]:
Full command
Spears

Corpse cart[100]
Unholy loadstone

495pts

Malorian
26-08-2008, 22:34
How does the DD work? Will every army still get the base 2 in the pool? If so you will find it hard to cast what you want.

I'd go with just the single core and combine those skeletons into one unit 20 strong (no spears), and give the vampire the tomb blade and put the double US banner in it.

This way you don't have to worry about raising, and can instead try for better spells like vanhels and gaze of nagash.

Little Aaad
26-08-2008, 22:59
For MSU I would use Ghouls. Then a level 2 Vampire with Creatures of the night gift. Drop the Corpse Cart for more Ghoouls. Just 3 units of these self raising things are so damn hard to beat.

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
27-08-2008, 07:55
DD are as per normal (2 base).
The thing is, is it really THAT hard to cast with 4 (sometimes +1 due to periapt) PD?
The bad thing about combining would be the fact that i get 2 units instead of three which would lessen chanses for flanking, on the other hand that one unit is like a dwarf guarding his gold, nigh unstoppable and not moving an inch. hmm.

I will not be doing the ghoul thing due to the fact that i only own 10 ghouls :( but it's a nice tactic ;)

Stinkfoot
27-08-2008, 13:09
I think the list is solid. Your magic is good enough due to LotD, and skeletons aren't really MSU for the same reason.

sideorder_of_chips
27-08-2008, 13:17
Personally, Id take quite a few zombies aswell as skeletons to summon more of them into the unit into during the game.

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
27-08-2008, 14:18
Zombies are most likely out of the question, i'd have to glue 20+ of them in less than 3 days, but perhaps, if i find my old ones.. but i may aswell summon them as flanking units then? After i've made the skellies large enough ofc :D