PDA

View Full Version : Ive seen the new 'nid codex

blueskull_psychopath
24-04-2005, 07:21
it was in itailian because htye got sent to wrong one but it is awsome, just for the pictures, i can safely say the new carnifex is awsome (for those of us that havent seent he pictures before they were removed), regenerate for the carnifex is, i think so dont quote me, 30 pts and is worth every one of them because it can get back wounds every turn, it cant be instant killed, and when it dies i can get back up, from any weapon, on a 4+, that thing is awsome

The Undying
24-04-2005, 07:32
Well, that's cool. But where did you see it?

Brimstone
24-04-2005, 09:14
Sounds more like OOE's regeneration rules to me, regeneration works in another way in the new codex.

Every turn a surviving model with the rengeration biomorph rolls a number of D6 equal to the number of wounds it's lost, for every six it rolls it gets a wound back.

Instakilling immunity is from Syanpse (not that the fex really needs it) and I've not the get back up rule on the 4+ in there.

Jonathan =I=
24-04-2005, 09:37
Awsome how do mutations work now? In particular what kind of mutations do ripper swarms get?

Nazguire
24-04-2005, 09:42
Awsome how do mutations work now? In particular what kind of mutations do ripper swarms get?

Yes, what has happened to the humble Ripper?

Brimstone
24-04-2005, 10:06
Yes, what has happened to the humble Ripper?

http://www.portent.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1493

http://www.portent.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1501

Black Ambience
24-04-2005, 12:31
http://www.portent.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1493

http://www.portent.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1501

Brimstone leaps into action!!

So Carni regeneration is around 30pts. Not bad at all! Anyone have any ideas on how much making our good friend T7 is going to cost?

The Judge
24-04-2005, 15:35
I think asking how the mutation table is going to work would be hard when the book is in Italian...

Nazguire
25-04-2005, 07:34
I think asking how the mutation table is going to work would be hard when the book is in Italian...

It wouldn't be too hard to find a decent translator around the Internet.

blueskull_psychopath
27-04-2005, 07:55
well my local store is getting at least one english codex in on friday so ill try and find out what is happening with it,
also the guy who mistakenly sent out the italian versions to five stores has been fired, how harsh is that?

sabathius
27-04-2005, 08:44
heheh i'm italian!
and i read also teh codex Tyranids!!!!!
ITS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i hope that now tyranids come back again in the tables!!!!!!
what do you wanna know????????
i can remember a lot of things!

boogle
27-04-2005, 08:48
RE the guy who got sacked, that was harsh, if people got sacked for that all the time, there would be no-one in the warehouse to pick and send the stuff off (3 times i had to get an order sent to get the right model, but i got it in the end thanks to the very helpful mail order guy, who ended up sending me one of every model in the unit i wanted, to make sure i got the one i wanted)

blueskull_psychopath
27-04-2005, 19:14
yeah but this was meant to be like really confidential and not known about till, o er.. this friday wait a second thats only 1 week early and in a foriegn language,
most people cant read it
i think its because people wearnt meant to see the carnifex but then they released pictures of it about 4-5 days after anyway

plasmadaemon
27-04-2005, 19:20
does the codex have those blue-prints?

Brimstone
27-04-2005, 23:46
does the codex have those blue-prints?

The codex has black&white images against each army entry in the same fashion as the concept drawings, it also has the Tyranids Imperial designation, common name & species designation.

It's very cool indeed.

cyndre
28-04-2005, 00:13
Cant wait to have them on sale!!!
Same goes for tyrant and Carnifex, of course. :D

Eversor
28-04-2005, 02:24
The codex has black&white images against each army entry in the same fashion as the concept drawings, it also has the Tyranids Imperial designation, common name & species designation.

It's very cool indeed.
Being a graphic layout/editing student I can confirm that it's very cool and looks very good indeed. IM(ns)HO it's the best laid out codex that's been produced since the beginning of 3:rd edition. Going just by looks it might be the best ever ;)

Mantus
28-04-2005, 04:54
Do warriors have fleet?

Do leaping warriors move as cavalry?

Inquisitor Engel
28-04-2005, 05:13
IIRC - Warriors can have leaping or flying, but otherwise move as standard infantry if you don't take those upgrades.

gLOBS
28-04-2005, 06:11
One thing I would like to know is how the new fluff is being handled. Do they play more with something they hinted at awhile ago with actual tyranid controlled planets? Anything new on different hive fleet contacts? Any mention of the genestealer cults?

AngelofSorrow
28-04-2005, 06:16
I saw it a month ago the new Carni is Awesome
not much stuck in my head though except for one new psychic POwer called "a shadow in the warp"
enemy psykers roll 3D6 for psychic tests take 2 highest dice

zealousheretic
28-04-2005, 07:40
One thing I would like to know is how the new fluff is being handled. Do they play more with something they hinted at awhile ago with actual tyranid controlled planets? Anything new on different hive fleet contacts? Any mention of the genestealer cults?

I second this, anything interesting from a fluff perspective?

I assume there's more of it. I kinda liked the take I saw hints of in 3rd edition; the idea that Tyranid attacks involve both standard engagements, and subversion of the planet's biosphere, as the Tyranids adapt it to acheive maximum growth.

sabathius
28-04-2005, 08:09
i saw that there is a lot of fluff.....
i think it's the first new codex with so much fluff!

gLOBS
29-04-2005, 04:06
Well I had like a half an hour look at it meself as a promo copy has shown up at our shop today and it it hard to grasp down what it can really do. It feels like its gunna take awhile longer to fully grasp everything it has to offer.