PDA

View Full Version : SoB order name for white armor + red robes?

SabrX
26-08-2008, 05:12
My SoB army its on its way. Finally I can stop borrowing my friend's sisters of battle order of "Our Martyred Lady".

I personally prefer white armor and red robes to black armor and red robes. In the back of the Withhunter book, it depicts an order wearing white armor and red robes with Grey Knights and Inquisitor Torqumada against Blood Angels.

So my question:

Is there any Order or sect that has Sisters of Battle wearing white armor and red robes?

Is there any stories or fluff that mentions a particular order of SoB taking part in these battles?

ironcurtin117
26-08-2008, 06:46
The one from the DoW soulstorm game, uh... I want to say White Rose, but I can't say for certain, as I've since uninstalled it. check with some on who has it

StarshipBOb
26-08-2008, 07:26
The one from the DoW soulstorm game, uh... I want to say White Rose, but I can't say for certain, as I've since uninstalled it. check with some on who has it

It be the Order of the Sacred Rose. The only other order with a similar color scheme would be the Order of the Argent Shroud. With both orders though, their cloaks are black and silver on the outside with red lining on the inside.

SabrX
26-08-2008, 07:50
Hmm... according to wh40k.lexicanum (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sisters_of_Battle). There was an order called "Order of the White Rose". Could that be it? :confused:

Sikkukkut
26-08-2008, 08:50
The white rose is the heraldic emblem for the Order of the Sacred Rose, so I suspect that they're the same thing.

NashTrickster
26-08-2008, 09:12
The problem is that the white armored, red robed Sororitas are not from the Order of the Sacred Rose, since the Sisters of the Order of the Sacred Rose wear white armor and black cloth!

However, there is indeed an "Order of the White Rose" mentionned in the Ciaphas Cain novel Duty Calls, whether it is meant to be a new Order or is just a mistake I don't know. And I don't have the book handy right now and thus can't check if the color of their armor and robes is mentionned in that novel. Will do ASAP

Sikkukkut
26-08-2008, 11:13
Thanks for the correction, Nash. Hm, a sub-order, maybe?

For the record, the colour schemes of the six major orders:

Convent Sanctorum

Order of Our Martyred Lady: Black armour, red garments.

Order of the Valorous Heart: Black armour and garments

Order of the Bloody Rose: Red armour, black garments.

Convent Prioris

Order of the Sacred Rose: White armour, black garments.

Order of the Ebon Chalice: Black armour, white garments.

Order of the Argent Shroud: Silver armour, white garments.

heretics bane
26-08-2008, 11:53
I thought they created a new SOB order just for the game? Cause ive been playing the sisters for a while now and i dosnt ring a bell.

BaronDG
26-08-2008, 12:34
Just run it as an order minoris. That's what I do with that very same colour scheme; ordo calicis dolendi.

NashTrickster
26-08-2008, 13:24
I thought they created a new SOB order just for the game?If you're talking about Soulstorm then you've certainly misunderstood what we're talking about here.

The white armored, red robed Sisters we're trying to get a name on are shown on pages 49, 53, 61 and 62 of the Codex: Witchhunters. No name is given for them there and their shoulder-cloth doesn't sport any Order marcking.

They are not featured in Soulstorm...
There were 2 new SoB Orders created for the game:
-The Ardent Flame (Gold armor, white garments, logo is 2 crossed swords bathed in flames with a Fleur-de-Lys on top),
- The Fervent Heart (Red armor, red garments, logo is a bleeding heart with an Iron Halo).

=====

I'm back home now and just checked about the "Order of the White Rose" in Duty Calls.
On p129-130, they are described as "figures in bright silver power armour, the black surplices wrapped around them broken only by the image of a single white rose."
On p292, they are said to have "black or dark blue surplices".
They are thus not the Order we're looking for!
(And they are neither the Order of the Sacred Rose whose armor is white not silver... )

Paganite
27-08-2008, 01:36
Just run it as an order minoris. That's what I do with that very same colour scheme; ordo calicis dolendi.

Like he says, do this. Make up your own minor order and create some fluff for them... There is a section in the WH codex that describes minor orders militant and how they come about, so you can always start there.

ChrisMurray
27-08-2008, 12:20
Make up your own order, those colours bring up lots of idea's for names. I personally like the thought of them being called the order of the virgin Rose.

SabrX
28-08-2008, 02:55
Thanks a lot for the response. I'll probably choose what ChrisMurray suggested, Order of the Virgin Rose. :angel:

Thanks NashTrickster for verifying the color scheme on the Order of the White Rose.

Originally I was hoping someone who read stories to match the images in the Witchhunter codex to the fluff. But I guess there isn't any.

Anyone know the color scheme for the Sisters of Silence?

nazrag
28-08-2008, 14:35
order of the virgin Rose.

Now, I know I am not the only having dirty thoughts about that one :rolleyes::angel:

ChrisMurray
29-08-2008, 15:33
Now, I know I am not the only having dirty thoughts about that one :rolleyes::angel:

What would have been even worse would have been if I'd suggested the name "The order of the Virgin maiden"

Although I quite like that name and it does generate alot of fluff, you could even make a unit called the virgin maden...hmmm maybe time for a SoB army?