PDA

View Full Version : Charging a beastherd

vinush
26-08-2008, 09:30
Hi all, quick question.

Ranked up unit a charges skirmishing beast herd b.

Unit A comes into contact with an ungor in unit b.

How does unit b rank up?

Would it be:

GGGUG
GGGGG
GUUUU
UUUUU

Or:

GGGGG
GGGGG
UUUUU
UUUUU

I only ask because the BoC player said it was the second way, but that seems somewhat odd as the Ungor that is reached darts away to be replaced by a Gor.

TYIA.

\/ince

Condottiere
26-08-2008, 09:34
As my Chaos opponent explains it to me, the little one are pushed in front when there's shooting, and shoved in the back when there's fighting.

Braad
26-08-2008, 10:46
As far as I know (I own and read the book, but not yet played with them) al the gors line up in front, all the ungors line up in the back, no exceptions.

vinush
26-08-2008, 13:18
But is that just when charging, or at all times?

\/ince

Loopstah
26-08-2008, 13:21
But is that just when charging, or at all times?

\/ince

"if charged or charging"

So it applies either way, Gors always go in the fighting ranks, Ungors always go behind them.

theunwantedbeing
26-08-2008, 13:22
It does state in the beasts of chaos book how you rank them up.
If your ever unsure of something, demmand the other guy proves what he is claiming..if he cannot, you roll for it.

Braad
26-08-2008, 20:33
But in this case, he was doing it right. Only if they are already engaged at the front and you charge the rear, or if all the gors are dead, you get to chop up squeeky ungor meat.

sulla
26-08-2008, 23:13
As my Chaos opponent explains it to me, the little one are pushed in front when there's shooting, and shoved in the back when there's fighting.

That's an excellent summary of how it works! :D

Mark_of_Greenskins
04-09-2008, 22:10
whichever ones are in front will go it the first rank

Condottiere
04-09-2008, 22:21
No - in close combat, the big guys go in front.

TheDarkDaff
05-09-2008, 04:22
The answers so far have been mostly correct.

I full you actually line them up as normal skirmishers (so closest models first - which can have some import on how wide the unit can get) then rearrange the whole unit (as an extra free move) to move the Gors to the Front ranks and the Ungors to the rear of the unit.

The only reason you rearrange afterwards is because moving the Gors to the front first could cause some to run out of movement which could possibly limit the width of the unit.