PDA

View Full Version : Trying to put a Necrarch-army together!

Mister Shiny
26-08-2008, 13:33
Better put my list here than in the General forum...

Necrarch force
2000 points (it still misses some points. see below.)

Lord
Vampire Lord
Level 3
Master of the Black Arts
Dark Acolyte
Lord of the Dead
Skullstaff
Nightshroud/Wristbands/Helm
435/445
(Still not entirely sure about this build... Or where to put him..?)

Necromancer
Book of Arkhan
Corpse Cart
Balefire

Necromancer
Rod of Flaming Death
Corpse Cart
Balefire

Core
Skeleton regiment (25)
Spears
Full command
Warbanner

Horde of Crypt Ghouls (25)
Ghast

Horde of Zombies (25)

5 Dire Wolves

Special
Grave Guard regiment (20)
Great Weapons
Full Command
Banner Of The Barrows

Power Dice: 10
Dispel Dice: 6
Bound spells: 4
(Do you think these are enough powerdice for a competitive game without pushing it..?)

Points left to fill in: 217/(207 In case Lord has Helm/Wristbands)

Could you guys help me filling in the last points?
I could of course drop the GG (and with that, gain a LOT of points for more zombies!) but I don't know whether the list remains effective... There's absolutely NO punch in the whole army then! But it would be way more fluffy...
Maybe add another Vampire with Dark Acolyte and Summon Ghouls? 2 extra PD to make sure the enemy can't breath because of the Zombie-tide...
I really don't know if this is an effective list: I haven't played that much to know for sure.
Thanks in advance!

Shiny

Valaraukar
26-08-2008, 13:46
Don't have the book to hand but isn't your lord a little vulnerable to a flying/fast moving character killer? At which point your no punch army starts eating itself and very little else? In my experience this is how to beat vampires and I have been fairly succesful at it with I think better protected lords than that. What are his saves etc?

Mister Shiny
26-08-2008, 13:52
Hmmm well yeah he is.
But I can't give him any armour because he's a Necrarch... Giving him Walach's Hauberk/similar would be stupid because of the fluff.
I can give him the Wristbands of Black Gold so he does not suffer from missile-fire and the talisman of the Lynci. That way it's very easy to keep him out of combat.
Of course I then can't keep the juicy Skullstaff...

Quite difficult coming up with an effective Vamp.. The possibilities are endless!

Valaraukar
26-08-2008, 14:02
Talisman of lycni is a good solution to keep the fluff feeling right, otherwise your army is very vulnerable to crumbling if he gets caught. If you are intent on keeping him with the skull staff then you could try creating zombie pits around him with summoning to make him very difficult to charge. Try to keep them the minimum of an inch from him so that large fliers who can see him past them can't fit inbetween to plonk down in combat. Bit unsportsmanlike though to deny a charge on those grounds.

Mister Shiny
26-08-2008, 14:29
I revised my Lord:

Vampire Lord
Level 3
Master of the Black Arts
Forbidden Lore
Lord of the Dead
Skullstaff
Wristbands of Black Gold

I do not have the Talisman, but I think that the greatest threat to a lonely Vampire is missilefire and magic.
Therefore, I gave him the Wristbands. With his movement of 6 and some Zombiepits, I think he'll do fine? Thoughts?

As for the list:

Heroes

Vampire
Dark Acolyte
Summon Ghouls
Sceptre De Noirot
Nightshroud 190

(Goes with some small zombie-‘bunker’..)

Necromancer
Book of Arkhan
Corpse Cart
Balefire 190

Core
Skeleton regiment (25)
Spears
Full command
Warbanner 275

Skeleton regiment (25)
Full command
Banner ot Endless Nightmare 245

Horde of Crypt Ghouls (25) 208
Ghast

Horde of Zombies (25) 100

5 Dire Wolves 40

2000-1698= 302 points left to fill in.
PD= 2+6+2+1=11
DD= 2+2+1+1=6
Bound Spells: 2

Valaraukar
26-08-2008, 14:41
Get some more movement in I'd say either black knights or wraiths are always a good option except against daemons.

Mister Shiny
26-08-2008, 14:47
And what about a Varghulf?
I got the model from the spearhead.. He seems quite fearsome?
Problem is: he can't attack units on his own, but neither can the wraiths...
Or some fellbats for artilleryhunting...
Damn. I can't choose.

I'll ponder at it for a while. Thanks for your help though!

Valaraukar
26-08-2008, 15:10
Varghulfs are dirty and are useful on a flank for aiding something else quick marching.

Mister Shiny
26-08-2008, 15:27
Revised list, filled up to 2000 pts with a little speed and punch.
The fellbats take care of any tricksy artillerypieces and lonely magi.
Dire Wolves run and take out enemy scouts or fast cavalry, both creatures beefed and/or healed by the Vampire-hero.

The Lord sneeks in the hart of the army, being naughty in his raised zombie-bunker, beefing both the skeleton-units and dealing other magicks he has.
Whenever possible (and if safely) he can slit some flyer/scout-throats which may have found their way behind my lines.

The Necromancer... Well I hope it's a good idea to put him on the cart. He seems a bit more survivable this way... Anyway: the cart goes behind the four blocks of shambling death, casting bound spells and impeeding enemy magic a bit with the Balefire.

With 11 PD, using a lot of them with the Skullstaff, I hope to beef each block of my army up to about at least 30 before it closes in. When this happens, I'll try to raise zombies in the flanks of the enemy to snatch his resolution scores.
The Varghulf lurks on the flanks, eating fast cavalry and supporting the main line.

Necrarch force
2000 points

Lord
Vampire Lord
Level 3
Master of the Black Arts
Forbidden Lore
Lord of the Dead
Skullstaff
Wristbands of Black Gold

Heroes
Vampire