PDA

View Full Version : demon prince

slaanghoul
26-08-2008, 14:54
I think there is more to it of Demon prince than we think. Before i get to DP topic again, i need to get some info from the demon army book. I just kind find the answer, so here goes: (if you can give page # from the book for answer, that would be great, cuz I can't find it)
-What is the base size of DP?
-Can any character join demon unit?
-Can demon character of another god join a different god unit? Even if they get no bonus for the Herald effect. EXP: Herald of Slaanesh, join Bloodletting

Back to Demon Prince.
If there is no base size restriction on DP, can he be on a 25mm and have him join a demon unit? If he has no mark, can he join any unit? If he must be marked, then can he join the marked unit?

I can see some good combo with DP in most demon foot unit.

has anybody try DP w/ mark of Khorne and Dark Insanity. Average 9 attacks is nothing to laugh at. Ahhh, still sux. . . for about 50 more point, you get Bloodthirster with higher S,T,W, and LD and fly and terror just to name a few....

Valaraukar
26-08-2008, 15:05
Can't have dark insanity on a DP as it costs 55 points and max they can take from a greater daemons list is 50 points worth of gifts.

20 and 25mm bases = US1, a daemon prince is I beleive US3 from the rule book so 40 or 50mm base.

Also page 30 in the grey box bottom right of the army book states that daemon princes and greater daemons are monsters as well as characters and so cannot join units.

It also states heralds can only join units of the same god. Only 'exceptions' are skulltaker and epidemius as they are not technically heralds stated in the FAQ.

slaanghoul
26-08-2008, 15:12
Can't have dark insanity on a DP as it costs 55 points and max they can take from a greater daemons list is 50 points worth of gifts.

20 and 25mm bases = US1, a daemon prince is I beleive US3 from the rule book so 40 or 50mm base.

Also page 30 in the grey box bottom right of the army book states that daemon princes and greater daemons are monsters as well as characters and so cannot join units.

It also states heralds can only join units of the same god. Only 'exceptions' are skulltaker and epidemius as they are not technically heralds stated in the FAQ.

you are right.

Why did GW make DP so weak. At least give him LD 9. He was a Chaos Lord .. . he should an improvement of CL, not the other way around. . . .

Valaraukar
26-08-2008, 15:22
I agree, I dislike DPs intensely now. Better off either sucking up the extra points for a superior GD or saving them and getting an extra herald or even BSB herald plus possibly a small unit IMO.

Palatine Katinka
27-08-2008, 00:41
you are right.

Why did GW make DP so weak. At least give him LD 9. He was a Chaos Lord .. . he should an improvement of CL, not the other way around. . . .

He was a Chaos Lord, a mere Mortal, that is why he is not as good at commanding other Daemons, they dislike his type, his heritage.

slaanghoul
27-08-2008, 06:38
He was a Chaos Lord, a mere Mortal, that is why he is not as good at commanding other Daemons, they dislike his type, his heritage.

So what, then there should be a rule -1 LD when leading demons or something(I disagree with the demons hating him and all that, but still). The LD8 is his basic stats! There are spells that require him to roll his LD.. .. it should be on 9 and not 8! Also, what if he have to make his own breaktest, shouldn't it be on 9 and not 8?

See . . . . how stupid for him to be LD8 and not 9???

GW just screw it on DP bigtime. DP is so bad that i can't seems to think of a good use of it. . .. every way is lose lose and no win at all.

Deetwo
27-08-2008, 07:57
Leadership is the least of your problems if you use a DP :)
They are just outrageously bad in every single regard you can think of..
The marks that do nothing but still cost 35 points for instance.

-Can any character join demon unit?
-Can demon character of another god join a different god unit? Even if they get no bonus for the Herald effect. EXP: Herald of Slaanesh, join Bloodletting

Yes, unless otherwise specified (blue scribes, masque, greater daemons and daemon princes can't join ANY unit)
Yes, but the only two models in the book that can do this are Skulltaker and Epidemus. And no, heralds can't join units of other gods.. Read the FAQ.

slaanghoul
27-08-2008, 09:52
Leadership is the least of your problems if you use a DP :)
They are just outrageously bad in every single regard you can think of..
The marks that do nothing but still cost 35 points for instance.

Yes, unless otherwise specified (blue scribes, masque, greater daemons and daemon princes can't join ANY unit)
Yes, but the only two models in the book that can do this are Skulltaker and Epidemus. And no, heralds can't join units of other gods.. Read the FAQ.

I wonder how DP will be in Mortal chaos list. Maybe GW just don't want ppl to use DP in a Demon list, but included it just for the completeness of the list.

TheWarSmith
28-08-2008, 04:43
They wanted it there for an undivided option I think.

Deetwo
28-08-2008, 06:51
They wanted it there for an undivided option I think.

Though I think "option" is being overly optimistic about it.. :)

AngelofSorrow
28-08-2008, 07:16
A daemon Prince of Tzeentch with master of sorcery and the lore of fire is just wrong!!!!
Flaming Sword of Rhuin baby

StormCrow
28-08-2008, 07:59
A daemon Prince of Tzeentch with master of sorcery and the lore of fire is just wrong!!!!
Flaming Sword of Rhuin baby

Add in many armed monstrosity and you have 8 strength 8 attacks hitting on 2's if you get the flaming sword off. I think that alone is enough reason to try out a DP now and again.

theunwantedbeing
28-08-2008, 11:02
That does cost 460points to do that,(495 if you want to attempt the spell on 3 dice).

495 for a t5, 5+ ward save 4 wounds thing who doesnt cause terror and cannot join units, whoop-dee-doo.......

For 20points less, you can get a lord of change that has 6 st9 attacks that hit on a 2+, while being t6 with 5 wounds, and can fly, is a large target, causes terror and can break ranks.

And that's the problem wth the daemon prince.

slaanghoul
29-08-2008, 00:57
That does cost 460points to do that,(495 if you want to attempt the spell on 3 dice).

495 for a t5, 5+ ward save 4 wounds thing who doesnt cause terror and cannot join units, whoop-dee-doo.......

For 20points less, you can get a lord of change that has 6 st9 attacks that hit on a 2+, while being t6 with 5 wounds, and can fly, is a large target, causes terror and can break ranks.

And that's the problem wth the daemon prince.

OT here, what the heck is your avatar picture?

Kerrahn
29-08-2008, 01:46
Apparently they will be better in Mortals list.

As for me, I want to try a DP for one reason - Flying and Many-Armed Monstrosity. 370pts for a flying monster (that isn't a large target) with 7 Str 5 attacks. Just use my Furies to screen him until he gets into a position for a combined charge and/or to kill a line of war machines.

slaanghoul
29-08-2008, 02:40
Apparently they will be better in Mortals list.

As for me, I want to try a DP for one reason - Flying and Many-Armed Monstrosity. 370pts for a flying monster (that isn't a large target) with 7 Str 5 attacks. Just use my Furies to screen him until he gets into a position for a combined charge and/or to kill a line of war machines.

u can try but point per point, you might as well get a bloodthrister for 50 more pt. Yes he is a Large target, but with higher T and wounds, he is just much more better.

good luck.

Condottiere
29-08-2008, 02:48
OT here, what the heck is your avatar picture?

My avatar is a girl holding her underwear in her mouth...she has black lipstick on. Please dont guess, it just exposes your twisted minds.:angel::wtf:;)

MrBigMr
29-08-2008, 16:19
DP has 40mm base, at least it's supplied with one and there's a picture of a DP on... pg. 80, and it's mounted on a 40mm base. And it's US4, since it's a monster and it has the same US as its wounds (right?). This means that a GUO is US10. But, so a DP is on a 40mm base, US4 and cannot join units because it's a monster.

I don't care how crappy the DP gets, I'm still fielding one as I'm not gonna yield to some fab. Besides, a KoS doesn't really fit the fluff of the army either. I usually have one with Winged Horror, Iridescent Corona and Unnatural Swiftness for 370pts. Didn't bother to mark it (though the army is pure Slaanesh), since I get nothing for it. Swiftness counts as Slaaneshi just as well.

Bonuses for DP is the ability to field it with a unit of furies (doesn't have to join them, just fly with them) to have them screen it and at the same time have the DP general pass its Ld. onto them.

My avatar is a girl holding her underwear in her mouth...she has black lipstick on. Please dont guess, it just exposes your twisted minds.
You have an avatar of a girl holding her underwear in her mouth... and I'm the one with a twisted mind... Ok, I can live with that. Besides, only way to expose my twisted mind would be with a lead pipe or minimum of a .357 magnum.