PDA

View Full Version : The Court of Count Manaar (2000 Points.)

Shamfrit
27-08-2008, 00:24
Vampire Lord (Lvl.4.)

Biting Blade, The Flayed Hauberk, Crown of the Damned, Helm of Commandment.
Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead, Master of the Black Arts.

Vampire

Sword of Battle, Book of Arkhan.
Supernatural Horror, Walking Death.

Vampire

Wristbands of Black Gold, Talisman of Lycni.
Avatar of Death (GW,) Supernatural Horror.

Necromancer

Power Stone, Dispel Scroll.

---

14 Ghouls (2X7)

14 Ghouls (2X7)

6 Dire Wolves

6 Dire Wolves

10 Skeletons
Standard, Musician, Warbanner

10 Skeletons
Standard, Musician

Corpsecart
Balefire

---

15 Grave Guard
Standard, Musician
Royal Standard of Strigoi

6 Black Knights
Standard, Musician
Banner Of Hellfire

---

So, I'm switching armies with a friend purely for tactical analysis and a good laugh, he's taking my Daemons, and I Vampires, and we're tailoring lists to that. (Not extremely.)

The Hellfire standard is purely to allow the Black Knights a good chance against Hammering the immortal anvil that is the Plaguebearer/BSB combo (which I use myself) and the War Machine/Vamp is to hunt small targets (namely Horrors) and the other to advance alongside wolves on one flank using Arkhan as an extra speed boost.

The Necromancer is purely for additional raising power and the extra dispel dice against magic, with Balefire replacing the need for a second scroll and giving moveable threats. With Great Standard of Sundering not affecting Invocation I should not have any problem increasing the size of those two small skeleton units to 20ish each by turn two, not a problem at all. And the Strigoi banner on the Graveguard is to give any harbouring vamps a combat boost, as well as the unit (against the typical high WS based Daemonettes and the like.)

Or at least, that's the plan... :rolleyes: